GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Steering Recommendation disable

mrd8cd

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol wtf. More confusion to add to the mix. When you run a scan of your car, do any codes pop up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No codes other than the usual suspects: satellite radio tuner not active, function restriction due to communications interruption, low key fob battery voltage. Otherwise I'm code free. Occasionally I'll have the oxygen sensor 2 "delayed response" that will trigger a CEL, but that's only because I'm running a downpipe without a tune. I wonder if DSR is only activated from the factory if your car has driver assists, such as lane keep/departure, radar cruise control, etc. :confused:

Navi

Autocross Newbie
My car doesn't have those features but still has DSR activated. Very weird. Side note - do you know what the function restriction due to communications interruption is? I have that also. Seems to be related to the telecommunications module?

mrd8cd

Passed Driver's Ed
My car doesn't have those features but still has DSR activated. Very weird. Side note - do you know what the function restriction due to communications interruption is? I have that also. Seems to be related to the telecommunications module?
I honestly have no idea what it is. It appears to be a passive fault, so no CEL triggered, and it doesn't appear to affect the car in any way negatively. Research came up empty on this one so I just ignore it every time.

golfdave

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 Golf GT Estate
Finally got around to scanning my car which I have set the DSR to low or off...anyway the lowest setting my module will allow via VCDS...

I have the exact fault cade as the OP....8277 - databus implausible signal..etc..

I have never in the 4yrs of having the car had this fault...& it first occurred (date stamp in VCDS) in October last year....when I turned the DSR to low/off using VCDS....

So that's the cause....I'll reset to normal & see what happens...