GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Steering Recommendation disable

mrd8cd

Ready to race!
Lol wtf. More confusion to add to the mix. When you run a scan of your car, do any codes pop up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No codes other than the usual suspects: satellite radio tuner not active, function restriction due to communications interruption, low key fob battery voltage. Otherwise I'm code free. Occasionally I'll have the oxygen sensor 2 "delayed response" that will trigger a CEL, but that's only because I'm running a downpipe without a tune. I wonder if DSR is only activated from the factory if your car has driver assists, such as lane keep/departure, radar cruise control, etc. :confused:

Navi

Autocross Champion
My car doesn't have those features but still has DSR activated. Very weird. Side note - do you know what the function restriction due to communications interruption is? I have that also. Seems to be related to the telecommunications module?

mrd8cd

Ready to race!
My car doesn't have those features but still has DSR activated. Very weird. Side note - do you know what the function restriction due to communications interruption is? I have that also. Seems to be related to the telecommunications module?

I honestly have no idea what it is. It appears to be a passive fault, so no CEL triggered, and it doesn't appear to affect the car in any way negatively. Research came up empty on this one so I just ignore it every time.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Finally got around to scanning my car which I have set the DSR to low or off...anyway the lowest setting my module will allow via VCDS...

I have the exact fault cade as the OP....8277 - databus implausible signal..etc..

I have never in the 4yrs of having the car had this fault...& it first occurred (date stamp in VCDS) in October last year....when I turned the DSR to low/off using VCDS....

So that's the cause....I'll reset to normal & see what happens...

Audi A3 Driver

Car(s)
A3 8V
Finally got around to scanning my car which I have set the DSR to low or off...anyway the lowest setting my module will allow via VCDS...

I have the exact fault cade as the OP....8277 - databus implausible signal..etc..

I have never in the 4yrs of having the car had this fault...& it first occurred (date stamp in VCDS) in October last year....when I turned the DSR to low/off using VCDS....

So that's the cause....I'll reset to normal & see what happens...
Hi I just been looking for two years how to solve this problem with ABS SH!T I even replaced all 4 ABS sensors no luck .. Orig sensors were fine..
So did you solve this?
Thnx

Attachments

• e3a3ea57-0a5e-4bb3-8453-f37bb1356c3e.jpg
    e3a3ea57-0a5e-4bb3-8453-f37bb1356c3e.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 137

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hi I just been looking for two years how to solve this problem with ABS SH!T I even replaced all 4 ABS sensors no luck .. Orig sensors were fine..
So did you solve this?
Thnx

I reset the DSR to normal & haven't seen the fault code again!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
You mean tick it to enable it?
Check pls attachments I have this error
I enabled it ant abs still presists.. even after clear DTCs

Mine was already active (ticked) from factory..I altered the setting for it in the adaptions channels..

Audi A3 Driver

Car(s)
A3 8V
Mine was already active (ticked) from factory..I altered the setting for it in the adaptions channels..
yeah it did the trick haha :D
omgh can't believe, I tried this resolve for 2 years jesus ..
it actually gone after driving trip. I ticked it enable drove parked at work connected deleted abs error WOOOW GONE. It wouldn't gone when I ticked and didn't drive.
mine wasn't ticked. So how come u had ABS error when u had it ticked originally ?? Only when unticked the error will shows up or ?
I didn't have to replace the sensors aah weelll ...

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
yeah it did the trick haha :D
omgh can't believe it tried this resolve for 2 years jesus ..
it actually gone after driving trip. I ticked it enable drove parked at work connected deleted abs error WOOOW GONE. It wouldn't gone when I ticked and didn't drive.
mine wasn't ticked. So how come u had ABS error when u had it ticked originally ?? Only when unticked the error will shows up or ?
I didn't have to replace the sensors aah weelll ...

Mine was ticked from factory......I had NO error until I decided to alter the settings for the function in the adaptions channel..from normal to low/off..

This threw up the error, so I changed the adaptions setting back to normal...result NO error..

All I can think of is that as there are two steering racks, one for GTD/GTD/R..& one for the lower spec models....I recon that the setting only works with the GTI/GTD/R rack..as it has a "quick" section on the rack...so throws the angles out for the settings if used on a lower spec rack....well that's my theory..🤷‍♂️

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
There are two racks one which VW describes as "Dynamic Steering" which I believe is 2.1 turns lock-to-lock and then "Standard" which is 2.75 turns lock-to-lock. Both racks are variable ratio. I have contemplated swapping a GTI/GTD/R rack into my Golf, and still might one day. But I missed the best (cost and convenience) chance I had, when replacing my subframe.

Audi A3 Driver

Car(s)
A3 8V
Mine was ticked from factory......I had NO error until I decided to alter the settings for the function in the adaptions channel..from normal to low/off..

This threw up the error, so I changed the adaptions setting back to normal...result NO error..

All I can think of is that as there are two steering racks, one for GTD/GTD/R..& one for the lower spec models....I recon that the setting only works with the GTI/GTD/R rack..as it has a "quick" section on the rack...so throws the angles out for the settings if used on a lower spec rack....well that's my theory..🤷‍♂️
But I don't feel any difference with DSR on. Do you ? On other forum (here : https://www.audizine.com/forum/show...ith-car-again-after-best-mod-ever-DSR-Disable)
They complained so much and when they turned it of they loved it.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Maybe SUVs heavier so they can feel it

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
But I don't feel any difference with DSR on. Do you ? On other forum (here : https://www.audizine.com/forum/show...ith-car-again-after-best-mod-ever-DSR-Disable)
They complained so much and when they turned it of they loved it.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Maybe SUVs heavier so they can feel it

I don't think you can 100% do it with some steering racks as it should have been able to work when I changed it from "normal" to "low/off"....it threw a fault code so I changed it back...I haven't tried unticking it completely as that would also throw a fault code I reckon.....so I've left it...