GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Another thing that is interesting is I still have the install instructions for the first clutch kit and the torque specs are different on the 28 small bolts that hold the pp to the flywheel. The first kit states 10ftlb and this kit states like 146inlb which is 4ftlb.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Wow. This is getting ridiculous. Was going to order their stage two ms but seeing all these issues has scared me to pull the trigger.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
With how few kits on cars there is a massive variance of those with issues. It's not even a small margin of error it's fucking massive for a product that requires a crap ton of labour if it goes wrong. Not worth the investment if the margin of error is so high as the protential cost of labour will be sky high if shit goes south IMO.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
With how few kits on cars there is a massive variance of those with issues. It's not even a small margin of error it's fucking massive for a product that requires a crap ton of labour if it goes wrong. Not worth the investment if the margin of error is so high as the protential cost of labour will be sky high if shit goes south IMO.
You are correct, I'm just glad and fortunate I have the knowledge,tools and skills to do it all myself, or it would cost a fortune to go through this 3 times in less than a year

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
DKM quality shining through. I'm guessing they will hide behind PM or claim that all of those problems are normal.

They've lost a lot of customers because of this thread. I hope that everyone who's currently getting shafted by them ends up with a working clutch in the end.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
DKM quality shining through. I'm guessing they will hide behind PM or claim that all of those problems are normal.

They've lost a lot of customers because of this thread. I hope that everyone who's currently getting shafted by them ends up with a working clutch in the end.
Well initially they sold a lot of clutches cause of this thread now its turning the other way

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Well I hope all this negative feedback pushes them to get their shit together or they will end up like BFI all over again. Once you lose faith in clutches it's pretty hard to come back from.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Dutch,

Next time your car is fully up to temp, on flat ground, put it in 1st gear and slowly raise the revs.

You should be able to get to 6500rpm without the car moving.

If the car starts moving with the clutch on the floor, you have a hang up issue causing the grinding, and if you don't address it, you will end up with worn synchros.

So, finally got around to trying this but you can't rev to 6500 with the clutch in as it limits you to 4000. The car didn't move but I could feel the "grind" just a tiny bit through the pedal as I approached 4k.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
So, finally got around to trying this but you can't rev to 6500 with the clutch in as it limits you to 4000. The car didn't move but I could feel the "grind" just a tiny bit through the pedal as I approached 4k.
I bet you have a tb issue

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Sigh... I know. What are the odds after this long that there's just a stubborn bubble in there that doesn't want to come out? Any tips on how to find out if that's the case without dropping the transmission?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Sigh... I know. What are the odds after this long that there's just a stubborn bubble in there that doesn't want to come out? Any tips on how to find out if that's the case without dropping the transmission?
My tb made noise I wouldn't call it a grinding but I could feel it in the pedal, i think mine felt almost like a pulsating sensation. No way to really test the tb without pulling out, if the pedal is out and you rest your foot on the pedal can you feel anything

railroader

Autocross Newbie
wow, just...wow. Sorry guys.
I should have bought a dsg lol. The next one when I buy an R will be dsg

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
I’m 1300 on the stage 2 kit now. The clutch pedal ‘grind’ thing at higher rpm downshift still makes me uncomfortable but I guess it’s normal...? Everything engages as it should so... Idle chatter and the deceleration chatter at higher rpm is pretty loud though but I have no comparison to other SMFW like Southbend, so who knows.

Engagement point still feels weird and sometimes take off isn’t very smooth.

Either way, I can’t recommend it with just how it’s been going for everyone. Hit or miss... just hope it doesn’t fail on me with harder driving.

Joel

Ready to race!
I feel so bad for you guys...
It is not fun pulling the trans.