GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
My experience is Jack does not respond to questions. He does respond to "Are you available to work?" I attempt to be fairly set up or within 5 minutes of being ready and then ask him early in the morning. If I do not get a response, I wait a few days and repeat.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone ever had a non hacked unit with all USA parts updated by the dealership? Want to see if I can get the switchable clock in standby.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I went from MIB I to MIB II non-nav then to MIB II nav in my 15 TDI... The dealer told me they could not help with a software update because their "system" wouldn't let them download anything that did not show as applicable to my VIN.

However, they did tell me they suspect they could re-enable all my FECs if I were to replace my main unit at some point since Jack associated them with my VIN as part of his activation process. Fortunately I have not had to take the dealer up on that suspicion.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

txricancarguy

Gearhead
For those of you that have a Mac and have Jack do the work.. you can install the VM that he gives you on Parallels as it's own VM. No need to dual boot or anything like that. Surely the same would apply for Fusion

wvw89

I went from MIB I to MIB II non-nav then to MIB II nav in my 15 TDI... The dealer told me they could not help with a software update because their "system" wouldn't let them download anything that did not show as applicable to my VIN.

However, they did tell me they suspect they could re-enable all my FECs if I were to replace my main unit at some point since Jack associated them with my VIN as part of his activation process. Fortunately I have not had to take the dealer up on that suspicion.

When I had Jack do mine he confirmed that the FEC is permanently associated with my VIN, so the dealer is correct in the assumption that they would be able to re-enable all FECs including App connect.

Bummer to hear about software updates, hopefully Jack would be able to help.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

snakcaz

Ready to race!
Finally got my mib2 retrofit completed with Jack. Overall, super awesome and a worth it upgrade for sure.

Like everyone else, Jack was indeed hard to reach and contact at times. I definitely had to spam a few times.

He did leave some notes. Here's proof he exists + his preffered contact time and notes.

So messaging is sufficient, dont call or he may block you :(

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Looks good, one of my favorite mods. Now I'm just waiting to get the new Android auto interface, I still don't have the option [emoji848]

BeeDub

Anyone know where to find the latest software for the head unit outside a dealer? Someone mentioned being about to get it waaaayyy back but didn't elaborate. I'm up and running and everything works but AA is janky AF even after extensive troubleshooting. Before I go pulling new cables through updating from the SD seems like a valid first step.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

vlad2k

so , been this morning at the dealer. they did the cp remove(55$), the sound working and the radio, but no Bluetooth, no nav , no nothing what i need to do to enable the unit for her full potential? dealer said they cant enable it. pics below

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
so , been this morning at the dealer. they did the cp remove(55$), the sound working and the radio, but no Bluetooth, no nav , no nothing what i need to do to enable the unit for her full potential? dealer said they cant enable it. pics below

Please, read the OP. Only way to do it is via remote activation.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
You do not need the VIN from the donor vehicle. Jack (and presumably MQB Retrofit Center) will register the unit to your VIN. In the future should you need to replace it the dealer will be able to reactivate everything, they are just not capable/willing/allowed (or whatever, haha) to do the initial registration.