GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

vlad2k

so , been this morning at the dealer. they did the cp remove(55$), the sound working and the radio, but no Bluetooth, no nav , no nothing what i need to do to enable the unit for her full potential? dealer said they cant enable it. pics below

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

contacted jack, he fixed it all bt,nav,apple car play, my unit is fully functional and fully coded.

2015 gti.

DucMike

Car(s)
R32 -> Mk6 GTI
Can anyone here verify just how far back Jack's 'abilities' go? I have an '08 R32 I'm looking to swap a Composition Media head unit into. I'm hoping to see if that's something he's able to code before I bother him any further.

SportwagenTDi

Hi, have a question about CarPlay. I did the MiB1-MiB2 on my 15 GW with the assistance of Jack. Everything works including CarPlay but when I connect the phone, the dash panel shows “Please connect a cell phone” even though it’s connected and working. I’ve searched but couldn’t find anything.
Any help will be appreciate. Thanks

Rmzhrb

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, have a question about CarPlay. I did the MiB1-MiB2 on my 15 GW with the assistance of Jack. Everything works including CarPlay but when I connect the phone, the dash panel shows “Please connect a cell phone” even though it’s connected and working. I’ve searched but couldn’t find anything.
Any help will be appreciate. Thanks

Try new cables. I’ve had that happen to me before as well.

SS92

Car(s)
15 TDI Sportwagen
Try new cables. I’ve had that happen to me before as well.

Happened to me as well, ended up being the cheapo USB port I got on aliexpress. Ordered a better one with more reviews and 15 bucks more but been working great since. Try swapping out your iphone cable to a certified original one first if you're using aftermarket.

SportwagenTDi

Happened to me as well, ended up being the cheapo USB port I got on aliexpress. Ordered a better one with more reviews and 15 bucks more but been working great since. Try swapping out your iphone cable to a certified original one first if you're using aftermarket.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Bought a new USB port from the dealer and using an OE apple cable but the problem still persists.

Dasteknoviking

Ready to race!
Hello all, been a lurker for some time....
Background; I have a 2015 Golf Wagon TDI *S* (didn't want leaky roofs)

I upgraded to a 2018 glossy touch screen 8" and MIB2 brain with all new piano finish decors for whole dash few months ago:
3Q0 035 844 A Brain and 5G6 919 605 A Screen and its coded to: 02730200FF00000051220001001808009F0304F40120010002

I had the dealer remove CP and code it to my VIN using the FeCs and SWAP using ODIS. Everything but CarPlay/Android Auto (have USB/aux port installed) works as expected BUT I have a problem with poor sound quality/volume. I have working Sirius, Voice Commands, Bluetooth.

It sounds OK but is nowhere as loud as it used to be with the older 5F MIB1 unit installed. I have coded it multiple times over and over again and I can't get it to sound as good as it used to. I do not have Fender/Dynaudio as its a S trim, and I don't feel like going through the hassle of upgrading in the winter months.... MAYBE in the spring time.

When vehicle is started it says FENDER AUDIO on the display and I do not have external amplifier selected in the Login. Cranking up the volume you can hear something is "limiting" the bass and volume when you get over 1/3 volume ! I drive a lot on the highway and sometimes I like to jam pretty loud to keep me awake on my 80 mile one way commute to the daily grind!

I have checked everything, and I think the unit was/is still set up to be in a Fender car ? Came from a GTi Sport from AutoHaas. Strange that VCDS shows 47 "sound system" when connected and doing module CAN bus roll-call. Clicking on 47 doesn't bring up the amplifier.

As a side note, if I buy the "Activation" online will Android Auto work? I have reached out to Jack multiple times and got nothing back, I may just try that Retrofit page on FB.

Thanks for any help fellas!

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
As a side note, if I buy the "Activation" online will Android Auto work?

No, do not buy the activation online.

as for your sound issue, the limited bass is probably due to it thinking there’s a sub in the back and wanting to send the bass there. In the original post, it states to change one of the bits (11 or 12 I think) to “2” for fender/dyn audio. Check what it’s coded to. For you, it should be set to “1” for standard audio system. (3 would be for external amp).

SIMO989

hello friends I did also switch from mib 1 to mib 2.5 unit , with mib1 amplifier but I have no audio. in the 47 code I read that you said to put 12 instead of 22 but I already had 12 why? Thanks
something help me?
regards

Last edited:

zeoalex

Has anybody tried to retrofit the Discover PQ system? I know that EZT sells a retrofit kit, but it's expensive enough that I think I can put it together DIY...as long as I can get CP and app-connect unlocked/updated. I'm looking at buying PN 5C0035684 and having Jack unlock it for me. I think that there isn't a ton of silliness involved in terms of adapters, just a quadlock adapter and RVC adapter? (I've got a NMS passat, which isn't a Mk7 golf but this is the best source of info for all of this stuff)

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
hello friends I did also switch from mib 1 to mib 2.5 unit , with mib1 amplifier but I have no audio. in the 47 code I read that you said to put 12 instead of 22 but I already had 12 why? Thanks
something help me?
regards

as far as I know, you can’t use mib1 amp unless your 5f unit is hacked by EZT

SportwagenTDi

Has anybody tried to retrofit the Discover PQ system? I know that EZT sells a retrofit kit, but it's expensive enough that I think I can put it together DIY...as long as I can get CP and app-connect unlocked/updated. I'm looking at buying PN 5C0035684 and having Jack unlock it for me. I think that there isn't a ton of silliness involved in terms of adapters, just a quadlock adapter and RVC adapter? (I've got a NMS passat, which isn't a Mk7 golf but this is the best source of info for all of this stuff)

I did this on my 2015 MK6 Jetta. Bought a used unit. Had to ship it to Jack as it requires hardware change. Jack includes the harness adapter with can filter. After installing it, he then had to remote log and program. Everything works perfect. I believe I did it all for around $700 including a used camera and cable as I didn't like the quality with the converter. Had to run the new cable from the trunk lid to the radio but wasn't to hard.