GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Did you file your taxes already?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh damn i didnt get it. is it bad that i dont even know who he is haha. avoiding those make sense, but having a house is a must. the only time i want to rent is an appartment. after that owning must happen. dude my boss got his tax return back and it was over 10K. im pretty sure he just lied on everything on there.

haha.. he was on Mr. Show and Arrested Development, to name the more successful things, a few movies, he did a voice in MegaMind , lol...

His comedy around 9/11 was fucking genious and great. He's teetered out a little bit lately and he's also the retard who said he snorted coke at the white house, lol.

i don't know where most of you live, but anyone with a house in California is almost guaranteed $10k back in taxes..

yep.. mortgage interest and property taxes can go a long way.

my parents have never received that much back ever. that is insane though.

other factors involved.. what did they claim during the year, etc? was anyone doing contract work?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Getting 10k back is just stupid. If you adjusted your withholdings you'd be getting an extra 800+ a month.

uh no. If that was true, i'd much rather have an additional $800/mo than $10K at the end of the year.

But that example does not exist in real life. I adjusted mine from 0 to 5.. it got me an extra $80 a pay period. Again, the $10K / big amounts is primarily due to a combination of things: claiming 0 throughout the year, mortgage interest deduction, and property taxes.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
to be honest i do not know what they claim. but my mom says that they dont have enough to write off. they usually owe like 2K. this year she said it should be dead even.

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
uh no. If that was true, i'd much rather have an additional $800/mo than $10K at the end of the year.

But that example does not exist in real life. I adjusted mine from 0 to 5.. it got me an extra $80 a pay period. Again, the $10K / big amounts is primarily due to a combination of things: claiming 0 throughout the year, mortgage interest deduction, and property taxes.

You may not be able to get it all back in each pay check but you can mitigate this by adjusting your withholding's. Set your allowance to withhold as little as possible so if you didn't have the credits and deductions you would end up owing a large sum of money to the government at the end of the year. In this case though you have those credits/deductions and you would end up breaking even or at least closer then 10k.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
You may not be able to get it all back in each pay check but you can mitigate this by adjusting your withholding's. Set your allowance to withhold as little as possible so if you didn't have the credits and deductions you would end up owing a large sum of money to the government at the end of the year. In this case though you have those credits/deductions and you would end up breaking even or at least closer then 10k.

right, I know that ;) lol.. but in reality, its not that simple.

Mitigating - yes, I am well aware and have already commented/attested to this.

But you thinking you are going to actually get that kind money monthly because of your witholding is totally unrealistic.

/bread

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Car(s)
2010 Tiguan 4Motion
Just did my state taxes, ended up having to pay Illinois a bunch of money. The payroll service that my office uses apparently messed up all of our state taxes and didn't withhold anything. It was all direct deposit so I never knew.

Oh well, still getting a bunch back, but much less than I was expecting.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Just did my state taxes, ended up having to pay Illinois a bunch of money. The payroll service that my office uses apparently messed up all of our state taxes and didn't withhold anything. It was all direct deposit so I never knew.

Oh well, still getting a bunch back, but much less than I was expecting.

weird.. I doubled my state return due to some kind of break on property taxes it looks like, I dunno. But its the highest state refund ive ever got :confused:

oh, well with our high as income taxes in IL, I can see that happening. Pretty sure last time I checked, I was paying about $300/mo in IL state taxes alone :eek: :mad:

My return was approved last week, unsure when it will be deposited though.

The normal time is 8-12 days, some are longer.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
file last night... we are getting just under $7K back, as it included the Obama Supporter Bonus Payout.

We will probably get more next year for sure, if my wife does not work at all or just works part time , as I was saying before, as we were looking closer to $8500/$9K for a while there.

I forgot to take that Obama Payout. Dang it.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
My return was approved last week, unsure when it will be deposited though.

took me exactly 3 weeks to get mine. and i did not file mine electronically. im suprised though, i received my federal refund before my state. still havn't received the state yet....

JhnR

Banned
I wonder if i should use turbo tax again like last year...think it was free..

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
hopping into the newest tax thread i can find for a weird happening..

won't get into too much detail, but you know how everyone talks about not giving the government free loans.. and take your money now? well i tried it.

so we got $5200 back this year. my goal was to cut that in half or something.. maybe get back 2-3k at most. so, last week I changed my W4 from "single-1" to "married but withhold at higher single rate-2". (I should note that my paycheck stub today only says "married" and doesnt say that longer phrase i mentioned.) My weekly check was $200 more take home today and i flipped out. $800 more take-home a month does NOT seem right.. it's way too much. I don't know if it works this way, but 800 x 12 months is $9600, effectively swinging me from getting $5000 back to maybe owing $4000? Is that how it works? Of course I have also run this by my payroll department to try and get some clarification.