GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Demon Trans tries to bankrupt me, at least it's not a DSG - that would be gay

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
There's no end to the downward spiral. Shift gears, be a car enthusiast. Or fake it and mash a fun pedal eyes closed either way haha
You know what they say DSG stands for, right? Dick Sucking Guys because driving an automatic is mmmGay! Haha

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Been noticing the power feeling a little wonky under minor throttle lately, then EPC light came on today, followed by super rough idle, revs dropping after pushing in the clutch, engine died at a light, sounded like a boxer engine while I drove it home 5 minutes away. Codes P0201/43CB and P0201/43EB - "Cylinder 1 - Injector Circuit".

I know it's improbable, but what if this has lowkey been the cause of my problems the whole time? Feels good to hope though 😅

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
***Tune in at 11:00 for which vendor gets blamed***

:LOL:

I do feel like I've seen more injector issues on this generation that I remember on the MKV. Maybe I just wasn't paying as much attention back then though haha.

bdollazzz

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Tornado Red GTI
Been noticing the power feeling a little wonky under minor throttle lately, then EPC light came on today, followed by super rough idle, revs dropping after pushing in the clutch, engine died at a light, sounded like a boxer engine while I drove it home 5 minutes away. Codes P0201/43CB and P0201/43EB - "Cylinder 1 - Injector Circuit".

I know it's improbable, but what if this has lowkey been the cause of my problems the whole time? Feels good to hope though 😅
Hopefully that crank aint longing for a walking o_O

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
***Tune in at 11:00 for which vendor gets blamed***

:LOL:

I do feel like I've seen more injector issues on this generation that I remember on the MKV. Maybe I just wasn't paying as much attention back then though haha.
If a failing injector causes a clutch to physically not fit on a trans (while 2 other kits fit perfectly fine), then I'll apologize. For some reason I doubt it though

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Injector replaced and the car's back in business. Trans still "slips". Oh well, probably be ordering up a trans sometime in November

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
You know what they say DSG stands for, right? Dick Sucking Guys because driving an automatic is mmmGay! Haha
are there times I want to go back to driving a manual...yeah...not going to lie.....but I'm a fan of my DSG and don't miss the stage x clutch/lightweight fly wheel chatter voodoo......

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
are there times I want to go back to driving a manual...yeah...not going to lie.....but I'm a fan of my DSG and don't miss the stage x clutch/lightweight fly wheel chatter voodoo......
I'm sure and I have no beef with DSG owners, just like messing around with you guys and the whole 6MT vs DSG debate is funny.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I'm sure and I have no beef with DSG owners, just like messing around with you guys and the whole 6MT vs DSG debate is funny.
Oh I know…. Sometimes I want to rev my engine, but can’t lol

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Could I get the last 4 #'s of your VIN

#usedcarstoavoid
Funny enough it still gets plenty of looks and compliments regularly. On the outside it still looks brand new (besides the few tasteful cosmetic mods 👌). Driving it around like a normal human being you wouldn't even be able to tell there's any issues at all. Once I swap the trans it'll be good as new and time to party.

Besides, aren't you like 90 years old? You're too old to be buying a used GTI anyways ;)

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Have had a new (used) trans on the car for a week now and everything is holding up solid. Engages gears easier too, especially 1st and Reverse during cold starts (with Liqui Moly 75w90 gear oil).

And the SB clutch is still much quieter than the ACT ever was, at least as far as the gear lash goes.

The old trans is sitting in my garage waiting for me to crack it open to take a look and find out what happened to it exactly.

(y)

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Interesting thread.

I've got a Ringer Racing stage 3+ with lightened flywheel kit waiting to go in any time now.

The HST RSR clutch I put in 3 years ago was fine until I went IS38 but now will slip pretty much constantly at anything more than 3/10 on the gas in gears 1 through 4. I've been getting smashed racing to be the first to the offramp or onramp, etc by minivans, priuses, girls on pogo sticks. It's fucking embaressing.

I guess I'll just have to remember to carefully fit and inspect everything before buttoning up.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Interesting thread.

I've got a Ringer Racing stage 3+ with lightened flywheel kit waiting to go in any time now.

The HST RSR clutch I put in 3 years ago was fine until I went IS38 but now will slip pretty much constantly at anything more than 3/10 on the gas in gears 1 through 4. I've been getting smashed racing to be the first to the offramp or onramp, etc by minivans, priuses, girls on pogo sticks. It's fucking embaressing.

I guess I'll just have to remember to carefully fit and inspect everything before buttoning up.
Pretty sure the 3+ has a different pressure plate than the Stage 4 I went with. Also sounds like you chose the 18lb flywheel instead of 23lb

Speaking of getting smashed (pause) I raced one of the new gen WRX's and he pulled away from me in 2nd no problem. But this was on stock tune, now that I'm back on stage 2 power I've been keeping my eyes out for him... it was my first loss to a Subie and I want redemption damnit. lol

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Actually, I only went stage 3 which if these ratings are accurate should be more than plenty, even on the e48 tune for the IS38. Sneeky says that tune maxes at 450. I don't know where they measure but Even if that's at the wheels, it should mean 500 max at the crank?

Look at these specs:

Stage 3 – 575 ft lbs
Stage 3+ – 635 ft lbs
Stage 4 – 735 ft lbs
Stage 5 – 810 ft lbs

735lbs? 810lbs?

What setup is even capable of creating that much torque on a 2 liter VW?

This better not be bullshit because I will be mighty upset if I find myself in sliptown 5k miles from now.

Last edited: