GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

deleted

have you looked over on nasioc lately? prices for the GDs are insane. I sold mine with 177k on it for 13k......it's like they never lose their value. I would have gone back to Subie, but the prices were stupid
That's crazy. I'll probably get another once they replace the EJ and get a couple years to sort out the new engine. I'd assume it'll be based on the FA24.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Ah, the stereotypical angry asshole vet, ranting and raving, dick measuring, and casting the "entitled millennial" blanket over a bunch of people they've never met. Only in the good ole US of A.

Stereotypes are fun, no?
Not angry, completely dismayed at the stupidity of people.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
This is what we are dealing with......

I don't know about all that, but reading comprehension isn't a strong suit.

Me- You can mount and balance without hub rings, it's easier to use rings though and I use them.

The peanut gallery- oMg No WaY, rInGs CeNtEr ThE wHeEl

Sorry the bunch of you ain't bright enough to comprehend multiple people telling you that you can in fact mount the wheel balanced without rings. No one said you can't or shouldn't use rings when available.

Peace out before some tool responds oMg No WaY, rInGs CeNtEr ThE wHeEl AGAIN.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Please just put him on ignore. I have no idea what caused this, but life is so much more peaceful when you can block out the static. Big thanks to Dutch for stepping in on that for me.

Peace, love and all that, guys.

Please just put him on ignore. I have no idea what caused this, but life is so much more peaceful when you can block out the static. Big thanks to Dutch for stepping in on that for me.

Peace, love and all that, guys.
YOU caused this by claiming wheels couldn't be mounted and balanced without ring.

Then two posts down you claimed you didn't say that.

You know it's all still posted, right?

Cone seat lugs don't center wheels. Ball seat lugs don't center wheels. The hub centers the wheel.

That's it. Please stop saying anything otherwise.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Wrong.

The proper lugs for your wheels will center the wheel, hub ring or not.

I use hub rings because it's easier with these stupid lug bolts and no studs.

Rings ARE NOT needed. You can center wheels without rings if you do it correctly. I've driven on the track 100+ mph without rings, as well as auto x without rings without a single vibration. You can center without them. Rings are just there to help. Lug nuts/bolts do pull the wheel into center if you do it correctly which is tighten in start pattern to 30lb, then tighten star pattern to 60lb, then tighten in star pattern to 90lb (all with wheel off ground/no weight)
I'm not wrong, but neither are you. Is it possible to center a wheel well enough to not have vibrations without rings? Sure!

Is literally every factory wheel regardless of cone seat, ball seat, mag seat, etc. Lug style, hub centric from the factory? Yes! All of them.

Why is that? Because 99% of wheel and tire installations won't take the time to center a wheel and remove gravity from the equation like a hub centered wheel will on its own with zero thought.

Rings needed? No. Recommended? Absolutely. Irrelevant to lug nut/bolt seat style.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
It's the internet, it's still there.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
................aaaaaaaaaaaaand that's a wrap folks! Let's all kiss and make up .....just a good Monday afternoon's worth of posting. Imagine what tomorrow will bring!

SRTie4k

Ready to race!
Such a waste of time, energy and data and for what? Fucking hub rings.

Someone should start an oil thread to trap all the obnoxious people.

Aristocrat Autosport

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Prior to my current job at Aristocrat Autosport, I used to work for Weds Wheels North America which is the official distributor for WedsSport wheels in the US in Canada. This is exactly what the GM for WWNA said:

Hub rings are NOT required, however they are highly recommended for mounting ease of use and, and you should use them if you encounter vibration. He states that you can use wheels without them but he highly recommends that you should ESPECIALLY for hubcentric wheels, which is why for my 5x112 WedsSport SA-10Rs I always use hub rings.

The hub rings provided with the WedsSport SA-10Rs are made by Prestige Wheel from polycarbonate. Prestige wheel invented the hub ring originally for use in the limited run 1989 Shelby Dodge Dakotas as OE equipment, where Chrysler called for a wheel which had a locating system which would not be susceptible to galvanic corrosion. In the 1970s, the Pontiac Firebird's factory wheels had an incredibly tight tolerance on the hub and locating surface. The wheel and hub were made of dissimilar materials which caused galvanic corrosion, sticking the wheel to the hub. Within a few months of the car's release, Firebirds were being towed back to dealerships on flat beds as owners with flat tires could not get the wheels of the car.

In the case of the Shelby Dodge Dakota, the OE wheels were designed with an non-hub centric hub on purpose, as Prestige wheels' solution was to use a non-metallic reducer bushing of sorts to stop galvanic corrosion. This reducer bushing was essentially the first hub ring; its polycarbonate construction acted as an O-ring.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
@Aristocrat Autosport, well said.

I saw your history lesson post on your wheel pre-order thread, I learned something and didn't know that Ron had actually developed hub rings full stop, let alone for an OEM application! Not that long ago that OEM's didn't prioritize reducing NVH apparently.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Gulf war and Iraq twice for me cupcake...
JFC, what is wrong with you?

Have you been checked out for PTSD? We've all seen see some shit but, getting drunk and posting angrily on the internet is not a healthy way to cope

There is no shame in talking to a doctor. Before I got help I could be anti-social and rage like you

Have you been checked out for PTSD? We've all seen see some shit but, getting drunk and posting angrily on the internet is not a healthy way to cope

There is no shame in talking to a doctor. Before I got help I could be anti-social and rage like you
Yes, I have PTSD from people being ignorant twatwaffles on the internet. I cope by correcting incorrect posts on car forums. It's the only thing that helps.

Thanks for the feigned sympathy.