GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

dedicated track pads

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Derhase is on it - need a real track pad here and accept that a f. pad change out before/after track days. It's not that bad/time consuming. Running track pads on the street is "fine" but they will chew up your rotors and are noisy/dusty, but stopping hasn't been an issue with the few different track compounds I've used even in colder temps here in VA. I run the APR BBK on my wagon, mine came stock with 288s which I had moved up to the 312s (AT/GTI non-PP) and didn't feel like doing the 340s if I was taking the time/effort...if my car came with 340s I would have just kept those. The BBK I have works great but has a non-removeable bridge so I still have to remove the caliper for pad changes so not the quick-change setup some have. BBK = heat management. That's really it. My 350x34mm 2-piece rotors have shown max temps of ~900 deg F to give an indication of how much they drop your brake temps and that's a 3450 pound car (which include me) slowing from 135mph+ into T1 at VIR which is max braking on a flat-ish track. I've used the APR track day compound which was v. good but $$$ but similar to the discussion on the 3.12s, more $$ often yields more pad life. I'm currently running EBC RP-X, they are v. good/high Mu but I should only be able to get 2 weekends out of them; they are only $225 so keep that in mind. I'd like to try G-Loc R10 or 12 at some point or these Ferodo 1.11 or 3.12. My rotor rings are $900 so changing back to a more street-friendly/lower temp compound is something I do when I get home.

SierraCarrera

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Sport, 981 CS
Running Neuspeed BBK on stock pp rotors, my car didn’t come with pp brakes and was difficult finding good track pads was the reason for the upgrade. It’s a huge difference in pedal feel/effort, bite and wear in the best positive way.

Not sure how much going to 2-piece rotors will help. *Shameless plug here, I have a set of 2-piece 340mm pp rotors available if you’re interested in trying.
Which pads on the Neuspeed kit?

SierraCarrera

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Sport, 981 CS
isweep 3000. Thought about trying 3500 but I dont do any swapping, set it and forget it...until done. At 280/set, not going to find anything better for less.
3000s aren't super squeaky? Have they been good on track for you?

FlyingNugget

Go Kart Newbie
Definitely run a true track pad. I run Gloc pads and recommend the R12 in front at minimum.

Pads will make the biggest night and day difference. A BBK(a true track spec, not just a look pretty kit) will offer better rigidity, heat tolerance and dissipation.

I ran non-pp front calipers, ST-40 BBK, and now the AP Racing CP9660 in time attack.

Pads made the biggest difference, and the AP kit has the highest quality and the best pedal feel. I run Gloc R16 and they can easily lock the fronts on a052s.

Dilidog

Car(s)
GTI MK7.5 PP
Hi, am i the only one going with PFC01 on the PP GTI caliper? Got the PFC10 in the back, drove the entire last season with this setup and stock disc. Worked perfect :)
For this season i got Clubsport s disc in the front and fresh Motul 700 fluid.

Only problem i have is that the caliper in the front turns dark, even with my RS3 Brakecooling. But hope the OBDEleven-tweeks this winter with help reduce some heat. Less nanny-system more speed :)

2LEEGIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI MK7
Hi, am i the only one going with PFC01 on the PP GTI caliper? Got the PFC10 in the back, drove the entire last season with this setup and stock disc. Worked perfect :)

Only problem i have is that the caliper in the front turns dark, even with my RS3 Brakecooling. But hope the OBDEleven-tweeks this winter with help reduce some heat. Less nanny-system more speed :)
Cost of PFCs? How are the pads wearing, inside vs outside, top vs bottom?

Dilidog

Car(s)
GTI MK7.5 PP
I paid around 325 euro, see the wear in the picture. Nothing to complain about?
IMG_2756.jpeg

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit

I paid around 325 euro, see the wear in the picture. Nothing to complain about? View attachment 301223

Didn't know they were available. The PFC USA site shows nothing. I sent them an email.

How many track days on those pads? And rough info the car, power level, tires, etc?

Dilidog

Car(s)
GTI MK7.5 PP
They are pretty rattley, actually very, sounds almost like something is lose. But the 01 are famous for that.

I used the one in the pic on 6 track days and all summer on the street because its my daily :)

My car are stock power, cup 2 tires and Toyo R888R on OZ 18 and ATS Racelight 19. Very happy so far by how the car works both on track and as a daily. Planing on Rear sway bar to fix some of the understeer and maybe a tune :)