GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daks' GTI

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Got a call back from the shop - need a new hood latch cable - front one snapped. $320CAD with labour. That's what I get for trying to jerry rig it with zip ties after I snapped it when I installed the intercooler four years ago. Positive is that it held up this long.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got a call back from the shop - need a new hood latch cable - front one snapped. $320CAD with labour. That's what I get for trying to jerry rig it with zip ties after I snapped it when I installed the intercooler four years ago. Positive is that it held up this long.

Oof_Size_Large.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Sorry if TLDR, you can't source and install a new/used latch cable assembly yourself?

edit: ah i see you dont have a hairless chinese 13yo

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Pipes are in
IMG_20230714_162838.jpg

Not a hard job, but a pain in the ass. Learned why I couldn't get the s rews out of my put sensor earlier. One was a t20 and the other was so corroded that it snapped in half when I removed it now.

Haven't driven it yet. Will do so later. I'm off to Texas for the weekend for work. Then I come back, change oil, load Diggs tune and start the party.

blackmammoth

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI S w DSG
Pipes are in View attachment 286103

Not a hard job, but a pain in the ass. Learned why I couldn't get the s rews out of my put sensor earlier. One was a t20 and the other was so corroded that it snapped in half when I removed it now.

Haven't driven it yet. Will do so later. I'm off to Texas for the weekend for work. Then I come back, change oil, load Diggs tune and start the party.
Was this just because new parts are nice and shiny looks good, or is there some benefit to charge pipes I'm not aware of with bigger turbos/higher tunes?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Was this just because new parts are nice and shiny looks good, or is there some benefit to charge pipes I'm not aware of with bigger turbos/higher tunes?
With a hybrid you get anywhere between 5 to 10hp. Is38 and below no point. It wasn't the pipes themselves. The hoses to my intercooler from the pipes were starting to give. Canadian winters to a number on rubber and other parts. Replacementt hoses were a pile of cash and I got these pipes used for pretty much what just hoses would have run me.