GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cyl 3 Misfire and limp mode after heavy load

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Ain't that bad if you don't relieve it. Just have a cloth ready to soak some up. But then again, I have been more liberal with my hpfp and lpfp installs than some.
zoolander-oregon-gas.gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

jtaskew

Passed Driver's Ed
Being a stock boi would solve all your woes
You know what? I actually got it home Friday. Swapped OEM coils and original OEM plugs back in and put the factory firmware on. I was gonna crack open the DP to check turbo but ran out of time. So after a long day Saturday doing other stuff I decided I would take her out for a spin on stock. I shook her down. Started in D no shifts above 3k after warm up I went to sport and push a little more. I made sure to hit 3,3.5,4,4.5 up to 5.5k RPM and she drove great! My son drove it yesterday; he drives like a granny and is seriously considering buying the GTI from me. He said there were no problems except a CEL. I told him it would likely happen since DP was on with stock software. So, yeah. Something to be said about stock boi.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
You know what? I actually got it home Friday. Swapped OEM coils and original OEM plugs back in and put the factory firmware on. I was gonna crack open the DP to check turbo but ran out of time. So after a long day Saturday doing other stuff I decided I would take her out for a spin on stock. I shook her down. Started in D no shifts above 3k after warm up I went to sport and push a little more. I made sure to hit 3,3.5,4,4.5 up to 5.5k RPM and she drove great! My son drove it yesterday; he drives like a granny and is seriously considering buying the GTI from me. He said there were no problems except a CEL. I told him it would likely happen since DP was on with stock software. So, yeah. Something to be said about stock boi.
Make sure you work up an as-is document so your son can't sue you if it grenades :ROFLMAO:

jtaskew

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally checked turbo as i was returning to stock. Here are some pics. Spins by hand very smoothly. Gotta be injector huh?

Attachments

• ET16_20220709085502.jpg
    ET16_20220709085502.jpg
    1,008 KB · Views: 63
  • ET16_20220709081942.jpg
    ET16_20220709081942.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 58

jtaskew

Passed Driver's Ed
Getting DP swapped for OEM now. Obviously I drove it this AM. Ran fine for a few miles then shuddered during a very light accel. I backed off than it did it again but not after. This is with stock plugs confirm gap and torqued to spec. No CEL, I am going to CRC through the MAP and run some Liqui Jectron cleaner and go sell it. Maybe it will not show its ass during inspection.

jtaskew

Passed Driver's Ed
Getting DP swapped for OEM now. Obviously I drove it this AM. Ran fine for a few miles then shuddered during a very light accel. I backed off than it did it again but not after. This is with stock plugs confirm gap and torqued to spec. No CEL, I am going to CRC through the MAP and run some Liqui Jectron cleaner and go sell it. Maybe it will not show its ass during inspection.
It's just f*cking horse squeeze because this is the first car I have had that I have not wanted to get rid of after two years. Oh well. I scored a used Ridgeline that I traded a 2010 tacoma in for so there is that. Big difference from GTI but I still have a stinger GT in the stable.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
It's just f*cking horse squeeze because this is the first car I have had that I have not wanted to get rid of after two years. Oh well. I scored a used Ridgeline that I traded a 2010 tacoma in for so there is that. Big difference from GTI but I still have a stinger GT in the stable.
Get another one. Trade this one in for a newer one.

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
How are you liking the Ridgeline after Taco?