GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS Turbo BOV, GFB DV+, OEM Rev D Comparison/Review

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I don't have a cable but can borrow. I also sold the DV+

From a purely butt dyno standpoint the car is noticeably quicker and better performing than with either of the other two options. It definitely holds boost better than the other 2, and it must be operating much faster. Again, this could be my specific car/setup but I love it. It felt anemic with the stock rev D, and just plan less powerful and odd response with the DV+

Did you reset the battery when you first installed and test drove it?

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
I did do this. I gave them all; a fair chance and baseline by puling the battery before each. I had the Rev D in for thousands of miles and had pulled the battery many times while doing work. I had the DV+ in for thousands of miles as well. also pulled the battery a few times with that. I am now approaching 1500 miles with the BOV and the other 2 aren't even close.

Resetting the fuel trims when a new part is installed can lead to the butt dyno increase feeling. Re-install the DV+ or OEM DV, reset the battery and see if it feels less like the BOV.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
so out of curiousity... could you tune for an atmospheric dump instead of recirculation without running mafless?

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Pretty sure the OP is running the non-altered MAF setup.

Oh I know. But if one was making a custom tune could you design it to account for an atmospheric dump instead of recirculating the air while still running the factory maf sensor is what I mean. sorry should've been more clear lol

Spyder368

Ready to race!
I was reading this thread as I recently installed the Unitronic intake and get the whistle sound roughly between 3-5k rpms when I am on the throttle.

CTS does make a complete DV replacement for those not wanting the BOV version.

http://www.moddedeuros.com/products/cts-turbo-diverter-valve-kit-cts-dv-0002

Just curious if anyone has installed this after getting a whistle noise under WOT with a new intake and if it resolved.

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
sub'd

If it works out in our favor this this is the route that will be taken.. say what you want but we are boosted. I want the full effect of my boosted car lol.

Last edited:

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
I'm approaching 3000 miles of having this BOV installed. It is my daily driver. I have had zero issues related to the BOV and zero issues at all. Car still pulls harder than it ever did and sounds great. Would not hesitate to buy it again. Never ran logs, never got a CEL ever, engine idles and runs smooth, no weird backfires or odd sounds, literally runs better than ever and with the added sound of the BOV.