GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CPO vs used

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Crazy talk hiring a lawyer to earn a $5k? DSG or such. What’s a lawyer cost?
I personally wouldn’t but people who drive Audis can probably afford it

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Also be careful about people saying a car has warranty. When I was looking at R’s I noticed it came over in auction from Canada. I’m fairly certain the USA VW dealers won’t hold up to the warranty if the original origin is from Canada. Ultimately I went private sale.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
i Guess the big boys. Mine was $35k, hardly exclusive.
Twice the sticker on my GTI S. Exclusive to some of us for sure. That said in Central FL 35K is 1/7 of a big, nice house in a decent neighborhood. Everything is relative.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Well keep the faith I’m old and retired. (57)

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Not vastly older than me but at 57 I better have a 944 at least.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
OP sorry for derailing. CPO vs Private is really luck of the draw, even down to who owns the dealerships.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I wish it was that simple. This thread has a summary of nightmares reported by several Audi owners on their "so called" CPOed vehicles - https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/807061-Bad-CPO-Experience-Tuned-TD1

What I find interesting about that thread, and you see this all over the internet, is the amount of people saying things like "Sue them!", "OMG, lawyer up!", "Open and shut case, you have proof!", "Make them pay!!", etc., etc... When in the end, when consulting with actual lawyers, their general consensus was that it didn't go anywhere and wasn't worth it.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
What I find interesting about that thread, and you see this all over the internet, is the amount of people saying things like "Sue them!", "OMG, lawyer up!", "Open and shut case, you have proof!", "Make them pay!!", etc., etc... When in the end, when consulting with actual lawyers, their general consensus was that it didn't go anywhere and wasn't worth it.

Yeah, people tend to offer a lot of advices online as its totally free and they are not affected by that particular issue. Also people cry back and forth in a forum when they have an issue and in most cases, do not report back the resolution.

I quoted this thread just to show that CPOs are not fool proof.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
my "CPO", purchased from a VW dealer had been tuned with APR stage 1, pretty much all other bolt ons available in 2016, and oh, it was TOTALLED in a T-Bone accident(all airbags deployed). Previous owner got it all fixed under the table with no Carfax/etc. report. I found out about it cuz the idiot had a build thread on VWVortex and talked about EVERYTHING. I sent them and VWoA the links to the thread and made the dealer buy the car back and sell me a brand new one for the same price. Dealer said they were going to put the previous owner in jail. If you're on here, sorry about that, but you're a scumbag.