Clubsport S Muffler Thread

Have you ordered a CSS muffler?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincenz

Ready to race!

Both orders, thanks.

By the way someone has noticed the muffler gti mk6? Interestingly, the design is the same as the CS / CSS ...
Yeah, I did say that in the very beginning. Same on the Mk.5 GTI, Mk.6 and Mk.7 R.
That shell design is clearly superior quality compared to the cost-cutting standard GTI muffler.

ps:
There's a pic somwhere I posted showing both the CS and GTI muffler's internal designs.
You'll easily gather the difference and which one is better flowing. ;)

Vincenz

Ready to race!
Unless you think I'm trolling, which I'm really not, take a good listen to the flybys of a real clubsport in this video:

https://youtu.be/WpPl_l5EojI

Versus the flybys in a GTI with CSS muffler here:

https://youtu.be/v1GXYsZaoVA

VW has put work into tuning the clubsport engine's sounds through the entire exhaust system to make it sound the way it does. It enhances certain ones and cancels out the unpleasing ones. Versus tacking on the muffler into a system that it wasn't designed for, and as a result, sounds badly the way it does.

Go back and then take a listen to the 2 clips of the Remus systems on the GTI I posted previously. It sounds very much like soundaktor from in the cabin, which even though fake, most would agree is a nice tone. Another example of the thought and r&d from Remus.

Vincenz

Ready to race!
so what your saying is a 700$ remus exhaust sounds better then an OEM exhaust, gotcha. I agree thats why I have a down pipe + CSS muffler, not just a muffler

That's correct, Remus catback does sound better than oem catback.

Maybe your downpipe helps, maybe it doesn't, maybe it makes it worse. Don't have enough info there.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
ROW cars have multi port injection, 8 vs the 4 that NA has I believe. All ROW Golf GTI/R just sounds better than NA when compared stock to stock.

ROW GTI with Clubsport S muffler sounds way better than an NA GTI with Clubsport S muffler. Same with any other aftermarket catback/axleback on a ROW car compared to an NA car that has the same.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Unless you think I'm trolling, which I'm really not, take a good listen to the flybys of a real clubsport in this video:

https://youtu.be/WpPl_l5EojI

Versus the flybys in a GTI with CSS muffler here:

https://youtu.be/v1GXYsZaoVA

VW has put work into tuning the clubsport engine's sounds through the entire exhaust system to make it sound the way it does. It enhances certain ones and cancels out the unpleasing ones. Versus tacking on the muffler into a system that it wasn't designed for, and as a result, sounds badly the way it does.

Go back and then take a listen to the 2 clips of the Remus systems on the GTI I posted previously. It sounds very much like soundaktor from in the cabin, which even though fake, most would agree is a nice tone. Another example of the thought and r&d from Remus.

Of course a proper Clubsport S will sound different (or "better") than something like mine. The CSS has what is essentially a Golf R engine. Different turbo, downpipe, etc. all the way down the line. Multiport injection and completely different ECU mapping also create a different character. It's an apples to oranges comparison. Does a proper CSS sound better? I'm sure it does!

Maybe you're trying to downplay the success of this setup since you can't get your hands on it. Maybe you've discovered that you genuinely prefer the Remus sound (a personal preference). Or maybe you're just trying to gamble and make a buck off of another forum member here. But to call GTI + CSS muffler "ricey" or "unrefined"? There's just no way I can agree with this in the slightest. And I'm positive the others who have personally done this can back me up.

Also keep in mind that my video was recorded on an iPhone, whereas the other one is on a DSLR with (presumably) higher quality audio gear.

Bottom line. I'm not saying you have to like it for yourself, but cut the antagonistic bullshit. Please. If you don't have anything constructive or substantive to add, please just sit this one out.

Cheers.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
This guy is like dealing with my ex-wife...they keep poking and prodding, seeking a reaction. I learned with her to just keep quiet and ignore her. Used to piss her off so much. Now, she doesn't even bother.

I should have earlier, but I certainly will now be doing the same with this guy. Just ignore him. He will move on.

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
This guy is like dealing with my ex-wife...they keep poking and prodding, seeking a reaction. I learned with her to just keep quiet and ignore her. Used to piss her off so much. Now, she doesn't even bother.

I should have earlier, but I certainly will now be doing the same with this guy. Just ignore him. He will move on.

Ha nype, I was gonna PM you a couple weeks ago to tell you to stop giving him reasons to talk, glad you figured it out yourself.

All BS aside, I'm sure our friend here has actually ordered silencers, it's just that he doesn't understand the etiquette around here.

Nice one! I'm sure the mufflers are the same too.

I think I've said it too some time ago, I have no reason to believe they're different. I may swing for it if CSS falls through. Any chance you could ring your dealer and see if you can order a CS muffler? IE, are they vin locked too?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Ya I sometimes get on here after having a few...lol

I've asked cars245 and e-acca if they can get the CS and they both say yes. But, that ain't sayin much give the way the CSS orders have gone.

[emoji482]

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Salty dog

Vincenz

Ready to race!
ROW cars have multi port injection, 8 vs the 4 that NA has I believe. All ROW Golf GTI/R just sounds better than NA when compared stock to stock.

ROW GTI with Clubsport S muffler sounds way better than an NA GTI with Clubsport S muffler. Same with any other aftermarket catback/axleback on a ROW car compared to an NA car that has the same.

Exactly, thanks for this information.

Of course a proper Clubsport S will sound different (or "better") than something like mine. The CSS has what is essentially a Golf R engine. Different turbo, downpipe, etc. all the way down the line. Multiport injection and completely different ECU mapping also create a different character. It's an apples to oranges comparison. Does a proper CSS sound better? I'm sure it does!

Maybe you're trying to downplay the success of this setup since you can't get your hands on it. Maybe you've discovered that you genuinely prefer the Remus sound (a personal preference). Or maybe you're just trying to gamble and make a buck off of another forum member here. But to call GTI + CSS muffler "ricey" or "unrefined"? There's just no way I can agree with this in the slightest. And I'm positive the others who have personally done this can back me up.

Also keep in mind that my video was recorded on an iPhone, whereas the other one is on a DSLR with (presumably) higher quality audio gear.

Bottom line. I'm not saying you have to like it for yourself, but cut the antagonistic bullshit. Please. If you don't have anything constructive or substantive to add, please just sit this one out.

Cheers.

Like I said, it means nothing to me whether or not I end up with one/either/both. In the end, I will end up with the better sounding Remus, so not sure what's not clear about that. Let me know if any questions, otherwise please don't flame because apparently you haven't read correctly.

I'm sorry you're offended about the way your car sounds. I've added nothing but evidence in my posts. Like I said, at least it's your car, not mine. Just don't expect no opinions on it if you put it on the internet.

No matter what audio gear you use, you can't hide that micey sounding high rev range of the CSS on a GTI, basically when it matters most.

Last edited:

Vincenz

Ready to race!
I was going through my phone and found a random video that you guys might enjoy. Not the best, but it's something haha. Some late night shenanigans in a quiet warehouse area. Sounds best with headphones.

Enjoy!

This video just goes to show more the untuned boy-racer aftermarket-y sound, even in the mid rev range, and proves my point that there are people out there that like this. And that's fine if that's their preference.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Still really curious about what is causing the hold up. It's not the vendors. They want this over with as much as we do. Is the process to make them that difficult? I doubt it. Is sourcing the materials that difficult? Nothing exotic, can't be. Is this simply a business decision to only sell to CSS owners? Then tell the vendors they must secure vins in order to retain the existing orders.

I'm guessing there are no more than 100 orders worldwide and I get this is low priority for the mothership but you would think they could handle this situation faster. It's been six weeks since the flood of orders from this forum alone.

Anyway, it's not the end of the world. Preaching to the choir but I just want to know one way or another already.

Let's go, Hans!

Cheers! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.