GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clearing mist from windscreen

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
I have not found the diesel to heat up quickly if they do have the heater you describe :eek:
You need to have a/c on for this heater to function on the Mk.5 and 6. The Mk.7 has it selectable from the car menus but I presume you still need to have a/c selected for it to come on.

James75

Go Kart Champion
Don't get confused with auxiliary heaters. There's a diesel pre heater which warms up the engine quicker and A Parking Heater which works if the car is switched off. To confuse it the Germans refer to parking heater as an auxiliary heater whereas we call the diesel heater an auxiliary heater. I've been through this as an ex VW California owner. The parking heater is in the manual and comes with controls on the key fob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James75

Go Kart Champion
A couple of UK VW's are available with a parking heater aside from the California's the current Passat and the current Toureg can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

element515

Ready to race!
With auto climate control you should never need to touch the temperatures. Set it from 68-72 and you should be fine. It'll cool or heat faster to get you to that temp.

For the condensation on the glass, just press the top button on that left knob. It'll route air to the front vent and should blast warm air to evaporate the water. No need to touch anything else. AC on can help to make sure it blasts dry air.

Thunderer

Passed Driver's Ed
Tnx for the tips, from the inside seems ok now, mist is being cleared ... however frim the outside, i have to constantly keep the wipers on at all cost, otherwise i won't be able to drive ... thing is that whilst driving, other cars don't seem to suffer from this issue as their windscreen is clear, both onside and outside ... can't seem to ractify this issue! ... any suggestions are welcome