GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Hey guys,

Been out of the scene for a little bit, but was wondering if anyone knows of a good shop in the Chicagoland area to replace a fuel injector. I'm having misfires on cylinder two and have already replaced spark plugs and coils, so I feel like it has to be the injector. Appreciate the help!
Send me a pm if you're interested, could do that for you no problem.

earthquake_glue

Passed Driver's Ed
Met up with Jay this weekend and got a rear sway bar and end links installed. Car feels great! Stiffer, more fun.

Watching Jay work now a couple times is helping me gain some confidence in doing more DIY jobs! I think an exhaust will be my first, other than oil changes.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Met up with Jay this weekend and got a rear sway bar and end links installed. Car feels great! Stiffer, more fun.

Watching Jay work now a couple times is helping me gain some confidence in doing more DIY jobs! I think an exhaust will be my first, other than oil changes.
Nice to hear you like it, it definitely stiffens things up a bit.
thumb_you-can-do-it-memegenerator-net-you-can-do-it-52503056.png

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Hey guys,

Been out of the scene for a little bit, but was wondering if anyone knows of a good shop in the Chicagoland area to replace a fuel injector. I'm having misfires on cylinder two and have already replaced spark plugs and coils, so I feel like it has to be the injector. Appreciate the help!
No shit! Mike Z! Didn't I pick up your MK6 Airlift setup from Eurohangar?

wrongwheeldrive23

Go Kart Champion
So I went stage 1 last week EQT 93 tune and decided to purchase the DSG tune(perfect tune)btw.

With that said I'm ready to go stage 2
Wondering if anyone's looking to sell A Dp in the Chicagoland area, if they could help with install they would be a big bonus, or even a shop they would recommend

RS_MacD

Go Kart Newbie
Just spotted this - hello!
Relatively new GTI owner (since Jan) but already started slowly bankrupting myself in the name of tinkering.
Had a MK4 back in Scotland, so I'd like to say I've learned my lesson.

Will keep an eye out for any of you on the road/any organising that gets done!

Rich

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
So I went stage 1 last week EQT 93 tune and decided to purchase the DSG tune(perfect tune)btw.

With that said I'm ready to go stage 2
Wondering if anyone's looking to sell A Dp in the Chicagoland area, if they could help with install they would be a big bonus, or even a shop they would recommend
If you're still looking for a shop to install it hit me up, I work on a lot of vw's around the area and can install that dp for you.

wrongwheeldrive23

Go Kart Champion
If you're still looking for a shop to install it hit me up, I work on a lot of vw's around the area and can install that dp for you.
I appreciate the response, with that said I went with a stratified e30 tune and the car rips, I'm pretty content right now running the stock DP with the clubsport muffler

But from what I've been reading I should be running a FMIC or what I'm leaning towards a twintercooler, Is that job you could take on or q shop you would recommend??

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I appreciate the response, with that said I went with a stratified e30 tune and the car rips, I'm pretty content right now running the stock DP with the clubsport muffler

But from what I've been reading I should be running a FMIC or what I'm leaning towards a twintercooler, Is that job you could take on or q shop you would recommend??
Nice, stratified makes a great tune. I could install the intercooler for you but I'd strongly go away from a twintercooler. Creates more lag and the additional volume isn't needed. There's dozens of reports that it made people's car slower in a 1/4 because of the lag.