GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

wrongwheeldrive23

Go Kart Champion
Nice, stratified makes a great tune. I could install the intercooler for you but I'd strongly go away from a twintercooler. Creates more lag and the additional volume isn't needed. There's dozens of reports that it made people's car slower in a 1/4 because of the lag.
Really I've heard mostly positive things about them. So what about the majestic eBay intercooler? I see a member is selling one for 300 on here with forge hose. Or would I be better off paying double for a more reputable brand

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Really I've heard mostly positive things about them. So what about the majestic eBay intercooler? I see a member is selling one for 300 on here with forge hose. Or would I be better off paying double for a more reputable brand
You can probably find a name brand used ic for sale for that price. I don't know anything about the majestic but I stay away from eBay parts personally.

ToddMS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI SE
Anyone have any experience with the Autobarn in Evanston? Looking at a car there and wanted to know if they were alright. If they had certified it, it would likely be my top pic.

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
I bought my 2019 GTI from City VW in Chicago back when the Autobarn chain still owned it. I wanted to check out the Rabbit Edition that I eventually bought, but it was still in transit, so they tried to sell me hard on a car that was on the lot. Once I said I was willing to put down a deposit on the inbound Rabbit, they were good with that.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
I just recently bought a new 2019 GTI from Autobarn in Evanston. Love the car, but not a big fan of the dealership, pretty typical dealer shadiness. Couldn't pass up the price they offered on the new 2019 though.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
I just recently bought a new 2019 GTI from Autobarn in Evanston. Love the car, but not a big fan of the dealership, pretty typical dealer shadiness. Couldn't pass up the price they offered on the new 2019 though.

I got my first R at the Autobarn in Mt Prospect. God they sucked during the purchase process.

Just got this new 2019 (had to go all the way to Baltimore for a DSG) and pick it up saturday. Feels good to be back.
R tints.jpg

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Good luck, beware their games, especially the finance guys.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Emails back and forth - found out it is a certified unit. Well looks like I’m prolly coming up that way next weekend.

Make sure that the price it's advertised for includes the certification. I drove all the way to that dealer before for them to tell me to certify it was an extra $2,000. Would never go back there again.

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I got my first R at the Autobarn in Mt Prospect. God they sucked during the purchase process.

Just got this new 2019 (had to go all the way to Baltimore for a DSG) and pick it up saturday. Feels good to be back.View attachment 172435
Hey Fastlax16, it’s good to see you driving a Golf again. Any plans for mods with your new one? I still have my old RSX-S.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Hey Fastlax16, it’s good to see you driving a Golf again. Any plans for mods with your new one? I still have my old RSX-S.
I never did get to see that thing, only heard about it 😜

You or Jon doing any track days this season? Would enjoy meeting up with you guys again

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg

Just got this new 2019 (had to go all the way to Baltimore for a DSG) and pick it up saturday. Feels good to be back.View attachment 172435
Love the tint, that's first on my list. What % is that?