GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

ToddMS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI SE
Make sure that the price it's advertised for includes the certification. I drove all the way to that dealer before for them to tell me to certify it was an extra $2,000. Would never go back there again.
Gotta say I am a little worried about this. The sales guy said it was certified, but the autotrader ad and their own website had It as simply pre-owned. I got an out the door price so I guess we’ll find out tomorrow.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Love the tint, that's first on my list. What % is that?

20. Here’s an inside shot.
C791E5CE-914D-49A3-B1E8-91317FD6931D.jpeg

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I never did get to see that thing, only heard about it 😜

You or Jon doing any track days this season? Would enjoy meeting up with you guys again
Not sure about track days - all spare $$ going towards performance improvements. Would love to go to car meets and hang out with other car enthusiasts. Cars, edible food, and something to wash it down = good times!

ToddMS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI SE
Whelp, I bit the bullet. You are now reading a post from the new owner of a 2018 Golf SE. Bought certified today. I know it’s not a GTI or R, but after driving it 3 hours home, I am loving it. Prolly not gonna do much modding to it for a few years, but we’ll see.

Attachments

• 1A80E555-CF2D-4254-89CC-74943945E7D6.jpeg
    1A80E555-CF2D-4254-89CC-74943945E7D6.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 125

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Whelp, I bit the bullet. You are now reading a post from the new owner of a 2018 Golf SE. Bought certified today. I know it’s not a GTI or R, but after driving it 3 hours home, I am loving it. Prolly not gonna do much modding to it for a few years, but we’ll see.
Congrats, very nice! Hope the process with Autobarn wasn't too painful?

ToddMS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI SE
Congrats, very nice! Hope the process with Autobarn wasn't too painful?
Not too bad - the worst thing was waiting for a finance guy to sign papers. The VW store was too busy, took me over to Mazda. After 20 minutes took me over to Nissan where we waited another 20 minutes. Trade was a little low to me, but I think they knew I wasn’t willing to drive it and the Golf 3 hours home.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Very nice! I'm debating between 20 and 30%. 35% is the legal limit here, and I don't want to be hassled by law enforcement over tint. Nice garage too! Does it come with a house? :)

I've had 20% on all my cars and never been hassled for it. (knock on wood)

It comes with a whole lot of house... Unfortunately that house isn't mine.

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 11.03.19 AM.png

This is my garage, just got done hanging the drywall it looked like the place you'd store dead bodies when I bought the place. By lakeview standards its pretty big...

garage.jpg

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
You have family out there or is that Vogz place?

That's my uncle's place in Baltimore. Will probably be out at Vogz in the next few weeks getting all the old parts on the new one. Just debating if I should get some more mileage on it first just in case it decides to act like Allen's car and grenade in the first 2-3k miles. It's just under 1000 now. Could be a while before it gets to 2000. It sat on the dealer lot for a long ass time.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Hey all, Its been a long time since ive joined any car forum, but ...Im here!
Im Curt, Im from Gurnee, IL. and I have a 4door mk7 GTI you probably see rolling around.
Excited to meed other locals and hopefully hit some shows / cruises.

View attachment 172997
View attachment 172998
Welcome Curt, I'm nearby in Lindenhurst. Car looks good. Probably see you around once I start getting out more.