GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Check your insurance coverage!

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
GEICO? Lose those jackasses immediately. The whole "you could save up to 15% or more" jingle is a scam. That statement is meaningless. "Up to" or "more"? In other words, 1c to infinity? Shop their rates, they are NOT lower than the other majors, at least not whenever I've shopped them. And their coverage sucks, as you're finding out.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I had State Farm for 32 years. Then they doubled my homeowners insurance premiums, despite having no claims, a home 94 feet above sea level, in an area that hasn't had hurricane damage in 90 years. They were good for car insurance but another big company virtually matched their prices for auto so I went with them.

And did I say GEICO sucks?

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
USAA FTW. Like them so much that I have all my crap bundled threw them with a great price, and they never tried to F me on a claim.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Never needed Geico for a claim so can't comment on that, but my premium with 100/300 coverage instead of 50/100 with progressive (who I was with for 12 years with all the discounts including homeowners) went from $1100 to $680 (6 month).

I'd say no matter what happens, that's a win. Progressive didn't even care to match.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
GEICO? Lose those jackasses immediately. The whole "you could save up to 15% or more" jingle is a scam. That statement is meaningless. "Up to" or "more"? In other words, 1c to infinity? Shop their rates, they are NOT lower than the other majors, at least not whenever I've shopped them. And their coverage sucks, as you're finding out.

lol thry do save you a shit load. i got quotes from 1000-1400 for the year on others and my geico was only 665 a year with all the bells and whistles but i also have a perfect driving record :)

joesid

Go Kart Newbie
I have the option to pay the difference for OEM parts, which I will end up doing. In the end everything should be OK, I just never imagined they'd be searching junkyards for parts...

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I think that it comes down to the State that you live in, it's hard to beat Geico at least in NYS so far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
USAA, State Farm, Farm Bureau (requires a yearly membership fee).

The last one I would consider is Progressive. My brother has the company where you plug their module into your OBDII port. But you need to leave it in for SIX months).

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
When we had our '14 tiguan repaired (hit a deer this past November), they said due to age of the car, it didn't call for OEM replacements. I guess they do for the first year, but after that, it's used parts.

But, after they checked, used were not available, so we got a new OEM bumper cover anyway.

I guess I lucked out. Can't even tell they repainted the hood, replaced a fender, replaced a headlight, foglight, and grille, and re-sprayed from the fenders forward.

IIRC, it was like $5k in damage from hitting a deer at like 35mph.

Using Erie insurance.

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
We actually used to have AAA insurance.

A lady rear-ended me, while I was in the tiguan, about a year ago. Her insurance took care of the claim. They did such a good job with their customer service and the whole process in-general, that we switched to them right after.

BigDan

Go Kart Newbie
Here in California you have the right to demand new factory parts which I have done every time I had a claim.

No LKP for my vehicles!

Yeah what he said. Just My 3 Cents here. My car has been hit 3 times in less than 2 years. Everytime I have taken it back to the Dealer to be fixed. VW has a program that if the aftermarket part is cheaper VW will replace the part with a VW part and pay the Difference!!!!!!! ASK About it!!!!

Last edited:

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
USAA and call it a day. Member since the day I became a Marine officer in 1996.