GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Check your insurance coverage!

joesid

Go Kart Newbie
Please make sure you have adequate coverage on your car.... Over the weekend a truck tire blew and I had no choice but to run it over. Not only did it take out the bumper cover, but bent the condenser, intercooler, and radiator. Geico will only replace with used/LKQ/crash parts on my 3-month old car. To add more salt to the wound, I'm at fault because I can't prove the tire was moving when I hit it (it was at night).

https://postimg.org/image/jbjsqik91/

Last edited:

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
Was the truck tire just laying in the road when you hit it or did the truck's tire literally blow in front of you and debris of the blown truck tire hit your car?

JB MK7 GTI SPORT

Ready to race!
Here in California you have the right to demand new factory parts which I have done every time I had a claim.

No LKP for my vehicles!

joesid

Go Kart Newbie
It was mid-air when I first said "oh sh*t but was on the ground when I hit it. I do not know for certain if the truck in front of me actually blew the tire, or if it ran it over causing it to launch. There was a car in the lane next to me that just kept on driving....I immediately pulled over to call 911 and file a police report.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
It was mid-air when I first said "oh sh*t but was on the ground when I hit it. I do not know for certain if the truck in front of me actually blew the tire, or if it ran it over causing it to launch. There was a car in the lane next to me that just kept on driving....I immediately pulled over to call 911 and file a police report.

Good move, keep pressing them on OEM parts I pressed( they were easy to deal with) them on OEM windshield replacement on 3 different cars the called back with the approval.
Funny enough a tow truck driver told me that Geico pays them faster than anybody else go figure.
One more suggestion, install a dashcam, front and back, is not overkill it will save you grief with situations like this

Another thing is that almost all the insurance companies have this policy of using aftermarket stuff and they never mention any of it, you have to read your contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
+1 for a dash cam. We have any Russian members here? It's my understanding the insurance companies there mandate you have a dash cam to buy insurance.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
I've had nothing but good luck with GEICO over 10 years with no issues with claims and such and even there extended warranty program on cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk