GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cheap Exhaust??

ucfquattroguy

Go Kart Newbie
Deleting the 2nd cat will be basically the Euro/ROW factory downpipe configuration. If you also delete the resonator/center muffler, it'll net you some more sound as well.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Deleting the 2nd cat will be basically the Euro/ROW factory downpipe configuration. If you also delete the resonator/center muffler, it'll net you some more sound as well.
Is there a sensor after the second cat? If not, I’m guessing the ecu can’t even keep track of how many cats are on the dp no?

Stanislav mk7

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I change resonator on vibrant 1793 but it dont edd such sound that i whant, so ask about second cat, ther is now any check signs with deleting second cat?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
Is this ECS Exhaust new? I didn't see it before... Starts at 477 apparently and has various options available (which increase the price)... https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/mk7-gti-30-catback-exhaust-system/008709ecs01~dk/?pdk=BAAHAwI

They've had it at least a year. I got mine sometime around September last year.

I've been pretty happy with it. Sounded pretty good with the stock downpipe. Sounds pretty good and raw with a catted aftermarket downpipe but the drone is pretty bad around 2-3K RPM. Added 17950 resonator and it got rid of the drone. Killed some of the rawness but its a nice compromise.

Quality is good as well, has lasted a northeast winter up here and still looks good, no rusty welds etc

Have some soundlclips here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...to-get-the-sound-you-want.345407/post-7678361