GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cheap Exhaust??

Stanislav mk7

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Dsg farts are more pronounced with a downpipe

but if you have a 7 speed you’re out of luck. It won’t sound as good as a 6 speed dsg
Ok, but I don’t whant to install downpipe, its need to make remap, that it was not check angine fault! So sport resonator dont make stock exhaust louder?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Ok, but I don’t whant to install downpipe, its need to make remap, that it was not check angine fault! So sport resonator dont make stock exhaust louder?
Resonators don’t make for a volume increase. Mufflers do. If you remove it, it’s going to be louder

is that what you’re trying to achieve?

Stanislav mk7

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Resonators don’t make for a volume increase. Mufflers do. If you remove it, it’s going to be louder

is that what you’re trying to achieve?
Yes, but I dont wont to remove muffler, my friend cut it, and make streight pipes to the end, and its was horrible, its make sound like wolfs hauling at the moon)) and vibration on middle rpm

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yes, but I dont wont to remove muffler, my friend cut it, and make streight pipes to the end, and its was horrible, its make sound like wolfs hauling at the moon)) and vibration on middle rpm
Oh i see, then you will want to remove the stock muffler and replace it with something that will only be a little louder

goe-mk7

That’s why I wondered if anybody had replaced the stock muffler with a Borla ProXS—thinking it might be a potential cheap Clubsport alternative.

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 DIBM AB 6sp MT
If the Clubsport S muffer was smooth and shiny like the OEM MK7-MK7.5 then I would be all over it but it just doesn't look good in my opinion.

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 DIBM AB 6sp MT
I mean it's not really shiny shiny but with a little polish it looks pretty good. I just don't like all those grooves in the Clubsport :p When I lay down to clean the tips it would bug the crap out of me.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I mean it's not really shiny shiny but with a little polish it looks pretty good. I just don't like all those grooves in the Clubsport :p When I lay down to clean the tips it would bug the crap out of me.
That does it as soon as it's light out I'm going to polish my muffler. 😂 All kidding aside why does something you'll rarely see bother you so much?

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 DIBM AB 6sp MT
That does it as soon as it's light out I'm going to polish my muffler. 😂 All kidding aside why does something you'll rarely see bother you so mu
My younger days owning an Integra, Civic and bugeye wrx with aftermarket polished mufflers and cleaning them constantly has got to me. I was jk about the polishing though. I did use a bit of windex haha.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
My younger days owning an Integra, Civic and bugeye wrx with aftermarket polished mufflers and cleaning them constantly has got to me. I was jk about the polishing though. I did use a bit of windex haha.
More power to you. We all have our quirks.