GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cheap Exhaust??

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I had the beluga exhaust. For like 800 miles. Perfect for cats who swap out the downpipe. But in my case it was as loud as stock till maybe 3400 rpm.

then I started saving up for @GTI Jake exhaust. Then my sister surprised me for my bday in March with an awe track exhaust. It sounds louder than stock but only a bit. It’s only a hair louder but the sound is rumbly and deeper in a way. But the whole set up is a bit nerf. The 3” splits into two 2.25” pipes in the rear.

but it does indeed sound excellent. Not as great as jakes exhaust on YouTube. But it’s a solid option at least. I really wanted jakes resonatorless catback. And still do. But I don’t want to upset my sister or anything

my advice to you. Save up and don’t compromise on the exhaust. Make sure it’s something you’re going to be happy as hell with. And if you’re keeping the stock downpipe, no need for a resonator

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
I have a Rev9. Got it after going stage 2 with a muffler deleted OEM exhaust sounded just heinous.

The Rev9 sounded much better except for drone / boominess. Swapping in a vibrant resonator didn't seem to help. Adding a borla pro-xs muffler did help a lot. So I have an exhaust with 3 mufflers. Total cost probably around $650 with the shop work swapping in the resonator and borla muffler. Without the vibrant (if I'd known in advance), cost would be $500 and change. If I had it to do over, i'd have gone for something else just to avoid the hassle and get it right, from the jump. Even if it meant spending $800+
Any pics of where the borla muffler was put in at?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I have a CTS exhaust that I snagged on FB Marketplace for about 500 that had a resonator delete. I also installed a CTS downpipe to get ready for stage 2. Way to loud, rattle-y, and too much drone. After reading everything here I had a local shop weld a Vibrant 17950. Stopped the rattling and droning at the 2-3k rpm spot. It sounds great in the now and high ranges. Love the daily and when I put my foot on the gas in Sports mode. Only issue now is the droning in 6th on highway travel 80+ but that's another story.

Like others have said the Borla Pro XS Muffler + Vibrant 17950 is very good from all posts about it and some of the clips I've heard. For something as important as sound that you hear everyday, don't cheap out. If I were to do it over and not be hasty I'd save for something more expensive with valve control. Other option would be a custom exhaust setup from a local reputable shop.
This. I had a CTS CBE and that shit was way too boomy and droned like no other after 2.5K RPM.

goe-mk7

Anybody just swap out the stock muffler for Borla ProXS (no DP and no Vibrant resonator)? If so, how did that sound?

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Same place the muffler is on the AWE exhaust.
I should mention, that you can't buy a version of the borla xs that can be easily slipped in. Because the input side is centered and the output is off center. For whatever reason, you can't buy one with both ends off-center. Or I couldn't find it?

I had to pay for a few inches of extension to be welded in.

Read here for a Pic if needed

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...he-sound-you-want.345407/page-84#post-7504507

Stanislav mk7

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Hi ALL! Tell me please? if I whant to make stock exhaust a little bit louder, and just install Vibrant resonator it makes dsg pops and bangs a little louder or its make sense only with downpipe?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Hi ALL! Tell me please? if I whant to make stock exhaust a little bit louder, and just install Vibrant resonator it makes dsg pops and bangs a little louder or its make sense only with downpipe?
Dsg farts are more pronounced with a downpipe

but if you have a 7 speed you’re out of luck. It won’t sound as good as a 6 speed dsg

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Dsg farts are more pronounced with a downpipe

but if you have a 7 speed you’re out of luck. It won’t sound as good as a 6 speed dsg
Whose got 7 speed?

Unless you're tuned with a pops and bang, I don't think manual will get you any pops if you're stock.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
I had the beluga exhaust. For like 800 miles. Perfect for cats who swap out the downpipe. But in my case it was as loud as stock till maybe 3400 rpm.

then I started saving up for @GTI Jake exhaust. Then my sister surprised me for my bday in March with an awe track exhaust. It sounds louder than stock but only a bit. It’s only a hair louder but the sound is rumbly and deeper in a way. But the whole set up is a bit nerf. The 3” splits into two 2.25” pipes in the rear.

but it does indeed sound excellent. Not as great as jakes exhaust on YouTube. But it’s a solid option at least. I really wanted jakes resonatorless catback. And still do. But I don’t want to upset my sister or anything

my advice to you. Save up and don’t compromise on the exhaust. Make sure it’s something you’re going to be happy as hell with. And if you’re keeping the stock downpipe, no need for a resonator

I don't think the 2.5 inch in rear is an issue. The primary performance comes from the size of the DP. With that said thuogh, does anyone know when AWE throws up their sales?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Whose got 7 speed?

Unless you're tuned with a pops and bang, I don't think manual will get you any pops if you're stock.
mk7.5's have a 7 speed dsg. the derate time seems to be less on the 7 speed too, hence no farts (just my guess)

the 6 speed dsg can fart even on part throttle. i was behind @Javwohl the day he got his intercooler. and even him just casually driving i could hear some 6 speed dsg farts. my 7 speed doesnt do that. maybe with a downpipe it will. i dunno

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I don't think the 2.5 inch in rear is an issue. The primary performance comes from the size of the DP. With that said thuogh, does anyone know when AWE throws up their sales?
i agree, the problem is the stock catback exhaust flows well. true gains can only be had from a downpipe imo

the rear section on the awe track is not two and a half inches. its two and a quarter inches. that creates a back pressure point in the rear for the sake of changing the pitch of the exhaust sound leaving the tips. its like a vacuum cleaner sound mixed with a higher pitched vroooom, if that makes sense?