GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changing wheels.

Here you go. I found this from a site online.

The Volkswagen TPMS specifically is an indirect system, meaning it doesn’t directly measure the tire pressure at the tires. Instead the TPMS uses the vehicle’s anti-lock braking system to track this.

The tire pressure monitoring system looks at the ABS wheel speed sensors and uses that information to track the rotational speed of the tires. Any time a tire has lower pressure, it will roll at a different number of revolutions per mile than tires that have the correct tire pressure. If one tire’s rotational speed seems off compared to the rest, the TPMS will alert the driver that one of the tires has low pressure.

Gregg702

Passed Driver's Ed
Here you go. I found this from a site online.

The Volkswagen TPMS specifically is an indirect system, meaning it doesn’t directly measure the tire pressure at the tires. Instead the TPMS uses the vehicle’s anti-lock braking system to track this.

The tire pressure monitoring system looks at the ABS wheel speed sensors and uses that information to track the rotational speed of the tires. Any time a tire has lower pressure, it will roll at a different number of revolutions per mile than tires that have the correct tire pressure. If one tire’s rotational speed seems off compared to the rest, the TPMS will alert the driver that one of the tires has low pressure.

Thanks for dropping this little piece of knowledge. Interesting!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Thats chump change kiddos. Come on now....:rolleyes:

OP,
Please post up details on these tires.
How heavy are they?
If like most OE they are over 20lbs.
My OZ Leggera HLT wheels are a better wheel at just under this price.
18.6lbs each. Strong and light and look great.
OP can pick wheels he likes but if I am changing wheels there will be some other benefits other than just looks.
The cost is not the issue as I can swing for the fence if needed.
It is cost for only visual looks.
I think I like the feel of my OZ's as much as the looks.
Just feel OP is missing out on some good options in the $450 range.