GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changing wheels.

gtchris1

Ready to race!
Might sound thick but im thinking of purchasing some serron 18 inch alloys for my car.
Is it just a matter of fitting them straight on and away u go??.
Ive never purchased any alloys for my previous cars so dont really know.thanks.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
You need to make sure the factory style acorn bolts will seat in your new wheels first off. Second, the wheels need to be hub centric or have hub centric rings with the proper inner/outer diameter. Make sure they have a proper offset to fit flush inside the wheel well. You wouldn't want a super low offset setting the wheels outside of the fender, or conversely, a high offset that could contact your suspension components. If you don't have aftermarket brake calipers, i.e. 6 piston with big rotors, then you shouldn't have to worry about inner wheel diameter contacting.

I may be missing something, so I'm sure others will chime in.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
I used to deal with aftermarket auto part retailers as a profession until I got into healthcare. Trust me, a good amount of people that work at these places will NOT know this information and will rely on the manufacturer, or just tell you what you want to hear for a sale. I dealt with multiple returns from a decent amount of vendors.

I'm sure, well, I would hope, that anyone he does deal with at least knows the bolt pattern.