GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changes are coming

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
security concerns sounds like a copout answer to me anyway. I'm sure tapatalk is no worse than WhatsApp or faceswap and people still use those apps.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
maybe they are looking to create an app for this site, one with ads (free) and one that is paid (no ads). I will say security > everything else, im not fimilar with the security concerns with tapatalk

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
maybe they are looking to create an app for this site, one with ads (free) and one that is paid (no ads). I will say security > everything else, im not fimilar with the security concerns with tapatalk
Fair enough. But with XenForo being miles ahead from vBulletin in terms of mobile web functionality, I just can't see the benefit of building an app from scratch just to support a single forum. If Tapatalk is completely off the table, this forum on mobile web is perfectly usable. In fact, in some ways it's even better than Tapatalk - this text editor is very powerful.
But the biggest point of Tapatalk was seamless transition to other forums. With that gone, I don't think it's worth wasting the time and effort to come up with an app that, in my opinion, will only be able to add notification functionality to an already powerful, convenient and well-optimized-for-mobile platform.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Fair enough. But with XenForo being miles ahead from vBulletin in terms of mobile web functionality, I just can't see the benefit of building an app from scratch just to support a single forum. If Tapatalk is completely off the table, this forum on mobile web is perfectly usable. In fact, in some ways it's even better than Tapatalk - this text editor is very powerful.
But the biggest point of Tapatalk was seamless transition to other forums. With that gone, I don't think it's worth wasting the time and effort to come up with an app that, in my opinion, will only be able to add notification functionality to an already powerful, convenient and well-optimized-for-mobile platform.
your not wrong in but i think tapatalk best features that are missed are the notifications. mobile browser, user has to refresh to get updates, tapatalk, i would get an automatic notification to my phone for any updates on threads/PM's ect. I think everyone aggress this site setup is 100x better than the old vBulletin just not have that integration into the phone is the main drawback

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
your not wrong in but i think tapatalk best features that are missed are the notifications. mobile browser, user has to refresh to get updates, tapatalk, i would get an automatic notification to my phone for any updates on threads/PM's ect. I think everyone aggress this site setup is 100x better than the old vBulletin just not have that integration into the phone is the main drawback
I completely agree and I'd rather have Tapatalk than nothing (or a standalone app). It just seems silly to now have two apps installed on my phone: Tapatalk, the MP3 player of my forums, and the Untitled GolfMKX App Experience, the one 45rpm single that only got released on vinyl for some reason.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Any chance of fixing the search ? It hardly finds anything since the changes.
I've long preferred typing my search query into Google and adding whatever forum I'm looking on at the end. It's always been much more accurate than any forum's search function.

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
True, but this way I can't search specifically in the Golf subforum. And most results are from the GTI or R subforums since they are much larger than Golf subforum... Also using forum's search I could search only in titles, thus narrowing down searches for popular terms; now that hardly returns any results.