GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
Looks good. Time for you to go map 3! How does it feel?
It’s honestly surprising the shit out of me. Feels faster than my FXT, or a stock WRX… faster than a GTi.
I’m very surprised. Glad I did the TiP I’m sure that’s contributing somewhat.

may do a relearn on the transmission since it seems confused at times

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
may do a relearn on the transmission since it seems confused at times
Please share how you do this when the time comes. I'm getting ready to diy a fluid replacement.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
https://datazap.me/u/zwalk/map-3-3rd-gear?log=0&data=1-4
Thank you again @ZuMBLe
What values are you looking for to discern safety?

Your IGN_2 to IGN_5 are 0 which means the car isn't detecting knock. Your FP_L should stay above 100, your FP_H should stay above 10. Your car doesn't love giving fuel though. It looks happy and very fuel efficient. If you wanted to push more boost, we'd likely need to raise the FOL or mess with the fuel bias. With today's gas prices, it's not a bad idea to leave it where it is.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
Your IGN_2 to IGN_5 are 0 which means the car isn't detecting knock. Your FP_L should stay above 100, your FP_H should stay above 10. Your car doesn't love giving fuel though. It looks happy and very fuel efficient. If you wanted to push more boost, we'd likely need to raise the FOL or mess with the fuel bias. With today's gas prices, it's not a bad idea to leave it where it is.
Yeah I’m not going to touch it if it’s happy on 3.

It’s wild how much better the passing power is.

I was planning on IS38 down the line for this car but I’m wondering if I will even need that to be happy with it lol.

Plus it’s got some interesting vibration issues I have been trying to rule out since September 🤦🏽‍♂️
Thank you so much! Very pleased and feeling safe about the mapping! Peace of mind is good as I’m expecting my son next month don’t need anything going boom lol

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Yeah I’m not going to touch it if it’s happy on 3.

It’s wild how much better the passing power is.

I was planning on IS38 down the line for this car but I’m wondering if I will even need that to be happy with it lol.

Plus it’s got some interesting vibration issues I have been trying to rule out since September 🤦🏽‍♂️
Thank you so much! Very pleased and feeling safe about the mapping! Peace of mind is good as I’m expecting my son next month don’t need anything going boom lol
Just make sure you use the same fuel you tuned on when using the JB4. If in doubt about the fuel, switch the JB4 to Map 0. That's the beauty of the JB4.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
Just make sure you use the same fuel you tuned on when using the JB4. If in doubt about the fuel, switch the JB4 to Map 0. That's the beauty of the JB4.
Its all 92 out here! Thats all I fill with

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Anyone used auto shift boost redux to correct post shift corrections? I know George said start at 50 and move up and down in 10. Just curious if anyone has experience using it.

carmor7

Car(s)
Golf Launch Edition
What are the signs of a HPFP that can't keep up? Was on an E mix on map 6 for a while with no issues. Got lazy during the winter months and was doing 91 instead of a 93 E15 mix. Probably had some slight knock/timing pull, but was gentle on it. Fast forward a bit and I'm getting fuel rail pressure codes sporadically while running no E. I would usually see these codes when commanding a lot more fuel on my E30 mix. Ran some logs on my E15 mix and fp_l and fp_h were both in the expected values

Also, how much knock is tolerable? I've seen some guys say 1-2 at full load is acceptable(not perfect).
I want to throw more fuel and E at my map6 to alleviate my knock, but I'm not sure if it can keep up, what do y'all think?

https://datazap.me/u/carmor7/fuel-check?log=0&data=1-4

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Its enough knock for me to want to correct it. Most cylinders reporting knock, so it's real. You're at the edge of trims. Turning down the boost a touch would probably resolve all issues.

carmor7

Car(s)
Golf Launch Edition
Its enough knock for me to want to correct it. Most cylinders reporting knock, so it's real. You're at the edge of trims. Turning down the boost a touch would probably resolve all issues.
Ah pshhh that’s not the answer I wanted LOL

Other than turning down boost , I could resolve this with more of an E30 mix I think , right ?
I want my motor to be happy at 16 PSI before I go further with an IS20. A fuel pump and more E is kind of what I’m thinking

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
From reading here, from those who've done it, better pump means flash tuning.

From logs I've seen here, you could get better fueling simply by flash tuning, without the better pump. But flash tuning may not even try reaching for the boost you're at at high rpm, re APR.

00Zero

Go Kart Newbie
I just installed a used JB4 and updated the firmware to latest.

It came with a FOL of 60 and i set it to 40 per the first page, i just wanted to make sure this it right.

No logs yet but so far so good, I have map 1 running 87 with the max boost in 1st set to 0.1 (stock torque is all the winter tires can take).

I'm still waiting on a BMS pedal tuner if usps would get their act together and let me know where it is. Anyone have a recommendation of where to start on the pedal tuner?