GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
Received an Email that it has shipped, will try my best to get you guys a video of stock downpipe with res delete and stock suitcase and a video of stock downpipe with res delete and TRC suitcase come Monday. Will be cellphone quality, so don't expect to much. Suitcase will be here tomorrow, so will take pics of ShopDAP's packing for comparison to other shippers.

ThatMK7GTIguy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit GTI
I've failed you guys and I'm sorry, the footage I took of before and after corrupted in transfer ? but I will say that I am happy, very similar sound to the AWE track I had on past car, raspy and crackly or cold start, trackhacks video is an excellent representative. Will post I vid of how it is now when I can. Until then enjoy a couple pics of my new ride I picked up this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_20200323_105910343.jpg
    IMG_20200323_105910343.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20200323_105921875.jpg
    IMG_20200323_105921875.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 178
  • IMG_20200323_105951303.jpg
    IMG_20200323_105951303.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 187

nitromatt

The muffler I got has the part number 5Q6-253-611-DJ

Can anyone else confirm this is the right part please? Can't find much on it.

Thanks

Edit: I only get 3 search results from 1 person selling it on 3 different sites. Claims its from a Cupra. Maybe this part number isn't very out there yet? :oops:

Looks pretty official to me

Different part number to what I've got, mines the 5G6253609ED which is the MK7.5 GTI TCR muffler.

ricola_mk7.5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Mk7.5 GTI
Different part number to what I've got, mines the 5G6253609ED which is the MK7.5 GTI TCR muffler.
Oop just deleted my post without realizing you replied cause I resolved it. I found a sticker on the other side with that part number. But engraved into the metal is that number I specified.

ricola_mk7.5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Mk7.5 GTI
Odd I'm not sure then. I found this sticker on the other side with the proper number.
20200325_023452.jpg

Could be that they share the same muffler as the Cupra so they also make it in spain.

Last edited:

EuropeanJob

Odd I'm not sure then. I found this sticker on the other side with the proper number.
View attachment 168448
Could be that they share the same muffler as the Cupra so they also make it in spain.
Well,many Volkswagen Parts are made in Poland,but not in Spain, at least as far as I know
The Cupra R has nearly the same muffler as the TCR, but the Cupra is still better in terms of sound because it has the 310hp engine of the Golf R.

ricola_mk7.5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Mk7.5 GTI
Well,many Volkswagen Parts are made in Poland,but not in Spain, at least as far as I know
The Cupra R has nearly the same muffler as the TCR, but the Cupra is still better in terms of sound because it has the 310hp engine of the Golf R.
Gotcha I appreciate the info, don't know much about Cupras as we don't have them in the states. The muffler looks exactly the same at the TCRs so it's either the same part or different internally. Guess it doesn't matter as long as I'm satisfied with the result once I get it installed.
Its definitely not the boring stock suitcase muffler at least so its gotta be better lol
That cupra does sound really good though!

Edit: Considering the Clubsport, TCR, and Cupra mufflers look the same I'm starting to think they've been recycling the same part for different models with just different exhaust diameters. Especially cause the TCR's diameter shrinks when it reaches the muffler.

The Cupras muffler and the TCR's have the same mounting brackets, the Clubsport does not.

Edit 2: Here's my conclusion: VW has used the suitcase from the Cupra manufacturing line, hence the engraved Cupra model number on it, but has welded on TCR exhaust tips with different pipe bends. Therefore the rebadge of the model number for the TCR on the sticker, making it a TCR part. What a crazy hybrid of part numbers lol

Last edited:

Caldyon

Anyone with a 7.5 GTI Performance that got a TCR muffler under their car yet? If so, how is the sound? Considering of doing that too.. or a res delete.

EuropeanJob

Anyone with a 7.5 GTI Performance that got a TCR muffler under their car yet? If so, how is the sound? Considering of doing that too.. or a res delete.
On page 9 nitromatt showed us his 180kw gti with the muffler, he also said he would post some more footage in the future.
On page 6 another guy showed us his car with the muffler fitted

Last edited:

Caldyon

On page 9 nitromatt showed us his 180kw gti with the muffler, he also said he would post some more footage in the future.
On page 6 another guy showed us his car with the muffler fitted
Yeah I saw those, but one is manual. Doesn't really replicate the sound of a dsg while driving imo. Looking for some fly by vids too, looking forward to what nitromatt is going to show us!

nitromatt

Yeah I saw those, but one is manual. Doesn't really replicate the sound of a dsg while driving imo. Looking for some fly by vids too, looking forward to what nitromatt is going to show us!

Won't be able to put up some for a while, we're in lockdown downunder so can only go out for essential stuff. May try the Go-Pro but don't have a mount for it in the car. Am getting a Dashcam soon, just waiting on delivery so that may be video source.

Stay safe!