GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a TCR Muffler for my US spec Mk7.5 GTI

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I measured my Rabbit edition today, it's 60mm. Stupid Volkswagen. I was about to order a resonator delete, but the one for GTI isn't going to fit.

There's only one option left. Part it out. :)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Its probably negligible but does the Rabbit model dyno the same as a S/SE/Autobahn?

I haven't seen any dyno charts for rabbit vs s/se/autobahn, but I doubt there's any difference with stock turbo and DP.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Mine has also got the 5G6253609ED number, but I think yours is from Leon Cupra R, as it is the only Cupra with a similar exhaust to a GTI.

Glad you mentioned the SEAT Leon Cupra 5 door exhaust part. I've been daydreaming/thinking and this might be a stretch, but what if the new SEAT León's exhaust muffler suitcase fits the MK7.5 GTI? The Cupra 5 door muffler has oval tips (which are AWESOME) and based on the images and reviews I've seen, it looks like the same muffler suitcase as a GTI (TCR possibly???).

Or is the TCR muffler discussed likely the Cupra R muffler because it too has round tips?

Thoughts? Discus! ;)

ricola_mk7.5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Mk7.5 GTI
So I think the muffler itself is the same between the GTI Clubsport, TCR, and Cupra. BUT, the tubing inlet and outlet for the suitcase itself is difference for each car. Each having different mounting systems and exhaust tip width for the widths of each car.

Therefore, if you want to use the Cupra muffler on the GTI, you'd likely need to mod the tubing for the exhaust tips and maybe change the mounting brackets.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
So I think the muffler itself is the same between the GTI Clubsport, TCR, and Cupra. BUT, the tubing inlet and outlet for the suitcase itself is difference for each car. Each having different mounting systems and exhaust tip width for the widths of each car.

Therefore, if you want to use the Cupra muffler on the GTI, you'd likely need to mod the tubing for the exhaust tips and maybe change the mounting brackets.

Now I understand a little more clearly. TCR suitcase muffler is the way to go then. I don't want to start experimenting with pipes and hacking any mounting points. Thanks for the clarification.

Parkair

Has anybody got the TCR muffler with a aftermarket DP. APR or CTS? I searched and found nothing. Very curious about the sound and possible drone on a MK7.5. Thanks

br5

Car(s)
2019 GTI
Did a quick startup video after a wash.

Really enjoying the new sound from the exhaust, so much better that stock! Cruising around you wouldn't know it was different, but when you give it some acceleration there it is.. Especially WOT

Thoroughly impressed with the investment with the stock look.

Be interested to see someone with the res delete and TCR muffler post some videos, will attempt to do some driveby footage in the coming days.

I should add besides the TCR muffler my GTI is stock, no other mods.... as yet ;)
Sounds great on this video! Can I ask what model year car you have? Also based in Melbourne and looking at this mod, looks like I can get it for about 410 Euros including shipping.

nitromatt

Sounds great on this video! Can I ask what model year car you have? Also based in Melbourne and looking at this mod, looks like I can get it for about 410 Euros including shipping.

Just be careful, the initial shipping charge, if you're getting it from https://www.e-acca.com/ is from the supplier to them, you'll then get another quote to ship from e-acca to Melbourne once they receive it. The delivery from the supplier to e-acca took about 3 weeks, from them to me was under a week. All up cost was 430.96 EUR to SE Melbourne.

Took it to an exhaust shop in Dandenong and they had it fitted within 30 mins for around $60 including the diameter change in the piping from 60-65mm that was required on my 2019 GTI.

The sound/tone on mine has developed really well, just waiting on lockdown to ease so can go out and do some drive by videos. Have just fitted a dashcam, will see if that has picked up any sound worth publishing.

Reactions: br5

br5

Car(s)
2019 GTI
Just be careful, the initial shipping charge, if you're getting it from https://www.e-acca.com/ is from the supplier to them, you'll then get another quote to ship from e-acca to Melbourne once they receive it. The delivery from the supplier to e-acca took about 3 weeks, from them to me was under a week. All up cost was 430.96 EUR to SE Melbourne.

Took it to an exhaust shop in Dandenong and they had it fitted within 30 mins for around $60 including the diameter change in the piping from 60-65mm that was required on my 2019 GTI.

The sound/tone on mine has developed really well, just waiting on lockdown to ease so can go out and do some drive by videos. Have just fitted a dashcam, will see if that has picked up any sound worth publishing.
Good to know. I was looking at this site as I’ve been waiting for a few days for e-acca to get back to me on shipping. It’s 266.95 Euros for the part and around 130 or so for shipping when I put in the Oz address

https://m.oemvwshop.com/5g6253609ed-rear-silencer-p2293166/

myzgolfpp

Car(s)
Golf GTI mk7.5 pp
Reading this thread made me order a tcr muffler and I received it, waiting to get it fit. Also confirmed that my 2018 (produced late 2017) mk7.5 gti performance have a 60mm piping vs the 65 mm of TCR exhaust (anyone know if it is possible to solve without welding?). Will be posting videos of the sound while driving which was something I was missing here.

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Reading this thread made me order a tcr muffler and I received it, waiting to get it fit. Also confirmed that my 2018 (produced late 2017) mk7.5 gti performance have a 60mm piping vs the 65 mm of TCR exhaust (anyone know if it is possible to solve without welding?). Will be posting videos of the sound while driving which was something I was missing here.
You could try using a reducer. I had mine welded. It cost me just shy of USD 100.00 out the door.

ricola_mk7.5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Mk7.5 GTI
Finally got it on! I made a video, no before video though I didn't have the time sorry. I'm sure you know what our cars sound like stock lol: *woosh sound*

Installation: The muffler's diameter was actually larger so the clamp I had purchased didn't work. The shop had to increase the size and weld it on unfortunately. Oh well let's hope they did a good job.

Sound: It's literally perfect. No drone, quiet when needed to be, sounds awesome with the windows down (and even up), and the sound is literally perfect so it doesn't sound like the typical 4 banger. It's what I think the car should have sounded like stock. I highly recommend this mod.

Video:

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Finally got it on! I made a video, no before video though I didn't have the time sorry. I'm sure you know what our cars sound like stock lol: *woosh sound*

Installation: The muffler's diameter was actually larger so the clamp I had purchased didn't work. The shop had to increase the size and weld it on unfortunately. Oh well let's hope they did a good job.

Sound: It's literally perfect. No drone, quiet when needed to be, sounds awesome with the windows down (and even up), and the sound is literally perfect so it doesn't sound like the typical 4 banger. It's what I think the car should have sounded like stock. I highly recommend this mod.

Video:
Sounds great! I really want to do this mod. I love the TCR. I was going to use ShopDap but its like a 30-90 day wait...