GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

GTI210

Ready to race!
I gave up and just put everything back in. I fucked both sides up pretty good and it still wasn't coming out. I don't remember install being such a PITA. :mad:

Not sure yet if I'll cancel my warranty work tomorrow or YOLO it on Map 0.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I gave up and just put everything back in. I fucked both sides up pretty good and it still wasn't coming out. I don't remember install being such a PITA. :mad:

Not sure yet if I'll cancel my warranty work tomorrow or YOLO it on Map 0.

The locking flap is inside a slot that I have indicated with a arrow. You need to get under it gently and lift it and the plugs pops right off.

gti_1789

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys what gage is the PosiTap? I tried searching on forum and google but couldn’t find the measurement. Thanks in advance!

*edited due to autocorrect
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brycepf

need help with a map 6 tune, running a muffler, resonator delete straight pipe (if it matters) cts catted dp, and injen intake. anyone able to help? i can get logs if needed

Scober

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed my JB4 and app today. No issues and this thread was very helpful.
I'll put miles on map 1, get logs and come back before trying map 2. That sounds like the suggested path.

Frax

Pretty stupid question but I just want to double check something.

I'm getting my JB4 this week, will start with map1 then move to 6 eventually. For the OBDII cable, are you guys leaving it plugged in after parking the car? Lets say I unplug it during a time where I wont use the car for a few days. I know the unit will operate in map1 if the cable is not connected...so as soon as its plugged back in, will it automatically switch back to my last used map (ex map6)?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Pretty stupid question but I just want to double check something.

I'm getting my JB4 this week, will start with map1 then move to 6 eventually. For the OBDII cable, are you guys leaving it plugged in after parking the car? Lets say I unplug it during a time where I wont use the car for a few days. I know the unit will operate in map1 if the cable is not connected...so as soon as its plugged back in, will it automatically switch back to my last used map (ex map6)?

plugging and unplugging has no impact on settings.
you dont ever need to unplug it unless you need the obd port for something.

vwinva

Ready to race!
I have a 2019 GTI Rabbit edition and installed a JB4 a few days back. This is my second car with a JB4 some I’m already familiar with it but noticed some oddness on my 2019.

Everything is plugged in, running map 2 nice and strong but I notice what feel like tiny misfires when idling. RPMs stay completely still but you feel these “misfires” every few seconds.

I’m using the latest firmware. Any ideas or anyone else experience this?

Tomorrow I’m going to put it on map 0 to see if they still happen or not.