GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB4 R specific thread

Chumley99

I have a 335 with BMW's performance exhaust and it pops under certain circumstances but it's easy to drive with no pops. It's a manual so if you lift the throttle abruptly above 2500 rpm -like decel to a light, it will pop and burble for a few seconds. There's a subtle burble at startup too. It's pretty much perfect sounding. None of that constant sharp pop and crackle people post vids of....My R has APR's exhaust and while I'm not quite in Digg's camp where I think the car sounds like crap, even with the exhaust it's pretty mediocre. Good from outside the car, ok from the driver's seat and strangely deep, loud and annoying in the back seat. Not sure why exhaust tuners go for that big/deep sound when that's neither the characteristic of the car or motor....

Bagy88

The afr was concerning to me so I already did move to map 0, bought this jb4 second hand but I'll email George, but I did find values in the WMI tab changed them all to 0s and unchecked all boxes. Will do some map 0 logs later in the week and go from there.
Have you found something out?
See you have the same issue as I. Stuck Trim value and then the car goes Lean.
The only way I could fix this was to increase FOL or lower the boost, but then I get the Fuel Rail Pressure CEL. I don’t know why this is Happening

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
I have a 335 with BMW's performance exhaust and it pops under certain circumstances but it's easy to drive with no pops. It's a manual so if you lift the throttle abruptly above 2500 rpm -like decel to a light, it will pop and burble for a few seconds. There's a subtle burble at startup too. It's pretty much perfect sounding. None of that constant sharp pop and crackle people post vids of....My R has APR's exhaust and while I'm not quite in Digg's camp where I think the car sounds like crap, even with the exhaust it's pretty mediocre. Good from outside the car, ok from the driver's seat and strangely deep, loud and annoying in the back seat. Not sure why exhaust tuners go for that big/deep sound when that's neither the characteristic of the car or motor....

That's because no one likes their car sounding like a high pitched farting Honda from 1996.

That said, I agree I've yet to hear a good catback exhaust sound from a mk7+ gti or R. This is my opinion though.

Jambroni

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra ST
The only way I could fix this was to increase FOL or lower the boost, but then I get the Fuel Rail Pressure CEL. I don’t know why this is Happening

What FOL setting solved the trims issue for you? I also have flat trims on my 2019. Even with lowering boost my trims are flat. From what I've read, the CEL is harmless:

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=658103&postcount=682

DarkVioletR

Car(s)
19 R DVP 1 of 10
Sorry for the late reply but under the wmi tab there were settings turned on for meth injection causing the lean afrs since I was not using meth. I bought my jb4 second hand thus the settings being changed

DThissen

Ready to race!
Hey everyone,
I recently traded in my '15 GTI for a '19 Golf R DSG and I'll be using my JB4. From your experience, what should I reset the FOL to? Or can I keep it the same? It's a Canadian car running Petro Canada 94 or Esso 93.

Stay safe.
Dan

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Try to keep to using the Petro 94. Esso isn't top tier. Not sure if you care about that, but it's highly recommended using top tier gas in these cars.

jdmk7r

Hi, i have a golf r mk7 with jb4 , i have 3.5" catless downpipe, turbo inlet pipe, turbo inlet hose, racingline dropin filter w/intake mod and these are my logs in map 2 , id like to do a custom map 6

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200410-084703.png
    Screenshot_20200410-084703.png
    147 KB · Views: 148