GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB Stage 1 Released

Orlin

OK, so after stalking this thread and another here & there... I've decided to pull the trigger on this JB unit. Not sure if you're tracking sales, but I may be the first one in Australia.

Won't get it in my grubby paws for a while though, having it sent to NYC where my sister will bring it back on the way home from holiday. Gives me a couple more weeks of anxious reading time :)

I dont mean to be pushy but please get this thing on a dyno and out to the drags when you get it :)

I am really interested to see Aussie numbers and see how this compares to the re-flashes. Maybe then my brother will buy one for his S3.

Rexican

Passed Driver's Ed
I've noticed that FBO includes intake for higher boost. How necessary is the intake? From what I've read in other threads/tunes/Flashes the Downpipe is required but not the intake. Is that the same for this product?

Also, I'm interested in both this and the JB4 but not sure if I can wait for the JB4. Will there be any upgrade program for users that have the JB1 and want to upgrade to the JB4?

Thanks for all the great work and open communication George.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I've noticed that FBO includes intake for higher boost. How necessary is the intake? From what I've read in other threads/tunes/Flashes the Downpipe is required but not the intake. Is that the same for this product?

Also, I'm interested in both this and the JB4 but not sure if I can wait for the JB4. Will there be any upgrade program for users that have the JB1 and want to upgrade to the JB4?

Thanks for all the great work and open communication George.

The guys that are increasing the boost are on 93 and just happen to have intakes so the boost adjustment is due to octane. On 91 before you change boost its best to have the DP first as a minimum.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
George,

Was able to get some runs in yesterday on the way home from work.

4th and 5th have plenty of passing power now on the freeway, super happy with my purchase so far.

Still sitting at +5.5 psi on 93 octane, P3 gauge isn't showing any timing pull, IATs seem to be normal for the FMIC.

In regards to the E35 mixes with map 1, do you use an octane tester for this fuel mixture or will the JB1 react with say 3/4 93 and 1/4 E85 then correct on the fly if the mixture is off?

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
P3 gauge isn't showing any timing pull, IATs seem to be normal for the FMIC.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I thought the JB1 intercepts the signal so the computer sees stock values. I didn't think that an OBDII reading would show anything different than stock. Are you seeing something different and am I misunderstanding how this device works?

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I thought the JB1 intercepts the signal so the computer sees stock values. I didn't think that an OBDII reading would show anything different than stock. Are you seeing something different and am I misunderstanding how this device works?

My understanding is that it was limited to boost or what it was biasing, I could be wrong here.

EGT, IAT, Timing etc should not be skewed if my understanding is correct.

Rexican

Passed Driver's Ed
George. I'm thinking of purchasing a Catless Downpipe to go with this. Does this have any type of CEL delete or way of avoiding cells? Thanks.

Last edited:

Brolly

Passed Driver's Ed
George,

Was able to get some runs in yesterday on the way home from work.

4th and 5th have plenty of passing power now on the freeway, super happy with my purchase so far.

Still sitting at +5.5 psi on 93 octane, P3 gauge isn't showing any timing pull, IATs seem to be normal for the FMIC.

In regards to the E35 mixes with map 1, do you use an octane tester for this fuel mixture or will the JB1 react with say 3/4 93 and 1/4 E85 then correct on the fly if the mixture is off?
Please get that machine on a dyno for the rest of us poor souls.

Standard pump fuel to give us all an indication of what the jb is capable off.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
George. I'm thinking of purchasing a Catless Downpipe to go with this. Does this any type of CEL delete or way of avoiding cells? Thanks.

JB1 does not defeat the CEL, buy a 42 Draft Designs O2 (angled) spacer with the downpipe to fool the ECU.

I know the 42 Draft one got rid of my CEL that's why I'm suggesting it.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Please get that machine on a dyno for the rest of us poor souls.

Standard pump fuel to give us all an indication of what the jb is capable off.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Apparently the shop by my house does not do power pulls, but I can rent the dyno for the day at the low price of $650 USD.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Apparently the shop by my house does not do power pulls, but I can rent the dyno for the day at the low price of $650 USD.

There's got to be more than 1 dyno in Detroit! I did a quick search around my area and saw that the going rate for 3 pulls in $75-$85.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
There's got to be more than 1 dyno in Detroit! I did a quick search around my area and saw that the going rate for 3 pulls in $75-$85.

There are a few true, but most are booked pretty far out (because Detroit, Mustangs everywhere) or don't have hours that work with my work schedule.

I may have to take a day off to get it done, which I'm trying to avoid right now.

nis240sxt

Ready to race!
This graph of the JB1 was posted over at the FB group. Very impressed for 5psi/93 octane. Trying to find out if car had FBO or not.

**found out it's with intake and downpipe**

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
~ 341 hp / 382 tq

With 15% drive train loss:

290 whp / 325 wtq, last APR dyno I saw was 271 whp / 425 wtq (that torque number seems to be wrong, as APR claims 381 wtq).

Last edited: