GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB Stage 1 Released

Universal_Remonster

Ready to race!
We finalising the firmware for cars with the uneven idle. It will only solve the cars that haven't got this issue when stock. Cars with dp's and O2 spacers etc will have idle fluctuations cause by the dp.

I have a downpipe but no spacer since the Neuspeed cat works so well. The idle is still silky smooth with the aftermarket downpipe when plug B is stock.

don16

Ready to race!
We finalising the firmware for cars with the uneven idle. It will only solve the cars that haven't got this issue when stock. Cars with dp's and O2 spacers etc will have idle fluctuations cause by the dp.
My car is stock as you know. (-:

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
My car is stock as you know. (-:

Remove the plug on the intake manifold and let idle to see if it is JB1 related or the car is just doing it. We do not want to land up creating a patch globally for all cars.
I was a meet yesterday with 9 JB cars present so we did this many times and had everyone check. The ones that do show the idle jump (6cars) it is still present stock.

GTIBEN

Ready to race!
My idle is 100% perfect with the JB1 removed. I removed it the other day to bring my car in for service. The JB1 has since been installed again and the lumpy idle is clearly back. My car is completely stock otherwise so I am defintely interested in this firmware update.

don16

Ready to race!
Remove the plug on the intake manifold and let idle to see if it is JB1 related or the car is just doing it. We do not want to land up creating a patch globally for all cars.
I was a meet yesterday with 9 JB cars present so we did this many times and had everyone check. The ones that do show the idle jump (6cars) it is still present stock.
Will try this later

LeGti

Ready to race!
Received and installed my JB1 today, did a few full cycles of city & highway driving; the thing works!! I am a very happy customer, despite the fact the unit *looks* cheaply made.

Love the fact it's removeable and re-sellable, love the performance, love the community!
Thanks again to George and all the Mk7 users who posted here !!

Still on map 1 but will try playing with map 6 asap. With a catted TBE and opened OEM airbox, the Gti is already pretty quick. With the Wagner IC (to be installed) and map 6 adjustments, 300whp seem likely :)

Last edited:

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Received and installed my JB1 today, did a few full cycles of city & highway driving; the thing works!! I am a very happy customer, despite the fact the unit *looks* cheaply made.

Love the fact it's removeable and re-sellable, love the performance, love the community!
Thanks again to George and all the Mk7 users who posted here !!

Still on map 1 but will try playing with map 6 asap. With a catted TBE and opened OEM airbox, the Gti is already pretty quick. With the Wagner IC (to be installed) and map 6 adjustments, 300whp seem likely :)

Haha ninja edit, you had type map 0.
Happy you enjoying it.

MI_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
She is good to go. All the units that shipped October and on are up to date.

Hey George,

Got mine on Friday, and it really is a great product. I spent the whole weekend messing with the parameters, and i think i have her dialed in pretty well. Thanks a bunch for the dedicated support! Also a big thanks to the rest of you guys for the contributions to this and the MAP 6 thread!