GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB Stage 1 Released

EVOX_SPEED3

Passed Driver's Ed
Comparisons

Ur car is a beast!! I follow your build on a daily....

Quick question. So both roughly the same numbers right, but was that GTI with APR HO also full bolt-ons? Basically what i'm getting at is, does the JB1 with full bolt-ons = an APR HO without full bolt-ons? I don't need to be the fastest, just want to compare apples to apples.

thanks for all your inputs

Today I dyno'd the JB1 with full bolt-ons at +5.5 psi:

If its hard to read I made 302 whp /356 wtq, both pulls were 3rd gear.

An APR Stage 1 HO car went on a few hours later and made the same exact power (numbers were almost exact).

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
To be clear the car was an APR Stage 1 car with just an intake, we made the same numbers.

If he had a downpipe and the Stage 2 flash he would of smoked me on the dyno by at least 20whp and 30wtq.

I just dont feel like paying near 1k for a Stage 2 tune and have to go to a dealer to flash, APR makes good stuff but the price jack on the tune for the MK7 doesn't sit well with me.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
To be clear the car was an APR Stage 1 car with just an intake, we made the same numbers.

If he had a downpipe and the Stage 2 flash he would of smoked me on the dyno by at least 20whp and 30wtq.

I just dont feel like paying near 1k for a Stage 2 tune and have to go to a dealer to flash, APR makes good stuff but the price jack on the tune for the MK7 doesn't sit well with me.

As a APR stage 1 driver I agree. In retrospect I should have waited and bought a JB1 + TBE. Feel limited with the APR because anything more than a tune becomes an issue whereas a JB1 allows one to hide even with some subtle bolt-ons. It was nice to have a few months lead time on the JB1 but, unlike a JB1, can't just sell my APR flash for 2/3 the price I paid and move on.

ewok666

Passed Driver's Ed

You should see the price jack in Australia: an APR stage 1 is $2000 Australian which is about $1400 US.....that's what I call rip off.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Considering I paid $550 for my MK5 APR Stage 2 flash, I'm not about to spend $950 US for the same service on a newer model.

EVOX_SPEED3

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for clarifying...

I have no intentions going with APR. Just curious about how the tunes compared to the JB1, as I have yet to see a Dyno of a completely stocked GTI on JB1.

Hmmm...I think i may have just UNINTENTIONALLY volunteered myself....lol... Ok, will schedule a dyno this week and post it.

WhiteVulpine

Ready to race!
@Gerorge. Got the firmware updated and set my boost to +5.0. Everything worked flawlessly! Thank you again!

I am pretty sure it feels smoother, more responsive, and snappy. Tires still blow though. Winter is coming so I'll have to hold off on some better tires.

Last edited:

don16

Ready to race!
Boost safety is related to map 1 only. So whatever setting is there if you have selected map 1 on the logging page that is the boost setting you going to run. If you select map 6 it will run the map 6 chart and ignore the boost safety setting. The numbers do not need to be removed.

George, can I have a copy of this new firmware for map 1, I again noticed last night the wobbling idle issue, seems to get worse after a few minutes idling. Granted until it was mentioned here I hadn't noticed it as I thought it was normal.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Unclespud

Ready to race!
George, can I have a copy of this new firmware for map 1, I again noticed last night the wobbling idle issue, seems to get worse after a few minutes idling. Granted until it was mentioned here I hadn't noticed it as I thought it was normal.

George, I also have an uneven idle. Is there a firmware fix for it?

LeGti

Ready to race!
Ordered a JB1 & cable: looking forward to using it!!!!

LeGti

Ready to race!
Just received it!!

Install was very easy, got the D from the top. Car has started & is idling fine... Off for my first try !!

Thanks George and all those who tested this :)