GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big brake kits

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
I have Stoptech ST40 fronts and ECS rear rotor kit that uses factory caliper mounted on their bracket. I think it all looks good together. I'm sure the rears do very little but they look great. The Stoptech fronts stop hard time after time, excellent brakes. I don't track my car but I did notice after just two hard stops with factory brakes the third stop wasn't as short.mwas it old fluid, heated up pads, glazed rotors?? I don't know.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
I got a complete front and rear kit because of aesthetics. I couldn't take the front done and not the rear. I ordered them from Luftenbrakes.com. It is overkill and a complete waste of money but I'm happy and I have yet to see another car with a similar kit. They have an actuator for the manual handbrake. They also have an electric brake actuator.
I ordered mine as a 6 piston on front and a 4 piston rear 356mm 2 piece non floating discs. Black powder coat, no logo, black hats.

20190124_175552.jpg
20190124_171554.jpg
20190328_190253.jpg
received_544188682763060.jpeg
20190810_142114.jpg

Attachments

• 20190810_142047.jpg
    20190810_142047.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 137

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Those are BOSS. pretty penny I bet too

dbell425

Car(s)
16 MK7 APR STGE2 MT
thanks for all the replies. I'll start looking into the info given. Wow Square1 that is a badass looking set up, not sure I'm looking to go that fancy though. I don't have the PP for those asking. GTI Jake, I was thinking about the IC but from the little bit of reading I've done, it sounds like a PIA to do.

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
thanks for all the replies. I'll start looking into the info given. Wow Square1 that is a badass looking set up, not sure I'm looking to go that fancy though. I don't have the PP for those asking. GTI Jake, I was thinking about the IC but from the little bit of reading I've done, it sounds like a PIA to do.
Depending on where you live and your driving style and habits, you may not need and Intercooler. For example, if you’re in Canada you may actually benefit only for 2-3 months out of the year, and then that is also dependent on your driving style as I said.

dbell425

Car(s)
16 MK7 APR STGE2 MT
Depending on where you live and your driving style and habits, you may not need and Intercooler. For example, if you’re in Canada you may actually benefit only for 2-3 months out of the year, and then that is also dependent on your driving style as I said.
I live in the Seattle area. I don't track or street race, just cruising usually and haul ass when I feel the need for speed

dbell425

Car(s)
16 MK7 APR STGE2 MT
I have Stoptech ST40 fronts and ECS rear rotor kit that uses factory caliper mounted on their bracket. I think it all looks good together. I'm sure the rears do very little but they look great. The Stoptech fronts stop hard time after time, excellent brakes.
Do you have any pics of your set up?

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah they are.

Square1, what is the benefit of having wavy edges on the rotor? I would think that is a negative due to less rotor for the pads to clamp down on. Also, cross-drilled and slotted is a big "no-no" if you track your car a lot.

It's all looks. The edges clear just above the pad so there's really no difference. I liked the look so I ordered it along with the crossed drilled and slotted option. I only tracked my car once for about 10 laps. I'm in my 40's so I built the car I wanted when I was in my 20's lol

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
I know when I talked to AP Racing about a bbk for my bmw they strongly advised me against any calipers not having dust boots. Most of these calipers are made for racing and not street use and they also get rebuilt and cleaned on a regular basis while car enthusiasts won’t service them at such short intervals. So do all these calipers we mentioned have piston dust boots or just inner o rings. Something to consider if it’s going on your daily driver.