GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big brake kits

dbell425

Car(s)
16 MK7 APR STGE2 MT
So I'm fairly new to the GTI world as I just purchased my a few months ago. I've upgraded the intake, downpipe and put a stage 2 tune on it. I'm now looking at brake upgrades and it just acurred to me that the kits I keep seeing are all fronts. Does no one offer a kit for all four wheels? I realize the front does the majority but aesthetically I think it would look better if the rears were bigger as well.

Anyways, love the site, I've gleaned a ton of very useful info from it.

Thanks

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
I have not seen a kit for all four corners of the GTI. I assume that yours has the PP on it so the fronts are 340mm and the rears are 310mm? I would go with a big brake front kit and then get the matching rotors for the rear at the stock size. Also, if doing this change the rubber brake lines to Teflon SS lined brake lines for a better feel and get performance brake pads. I have 17 GTI Sport with these brake rotor sizes and installed the TTS front caliper kit that can be purchased from ShopDap or ECS Tuning.

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
I looked at HPA and yes they do have a kit, if you want to chuck up $5590 plus install. I am sure that this is a great kit, but for a basically daily driver!

SLC4EVER

Passed Driver's Ed