GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BFI stage 1 Dogbone Insert

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Don't have your setup but wanted to share an idea I saw somewhere else to address the vibrations: set idle up to around 1000rpm. I have the 034 engine mount and Powerflex Hybrid puck. Love it right now (will keep an eye on the 034 as it seems to be the consensus that its crap). Anyway, I have been playing with the throttle to address what seems to be the consistent theme, vibrations at idle/reverse. I have found that if I bring my idle rpm's up to around 1000 everything smooths out considerably. Granted, my mileage will go down but its that or pay for experimenting with different mounts which I really don't want to do.

Side note, if you're interested in the Powerflex Hybrid it will not work with the APR pendulum arm. I had to swap back to the OE arm as the hybrid puck had slots in it that I was not willing to hack just to make the APR arm work with it. The puck is the better upgrade IMO.
Pretty sure you can't raise the idle more than 50 rpm. Also pretty sure you DON'T want your car idling at 1K. Not sure if the new APR stage 1 alters the idle but my vibrations reduced after getting the tune.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
I have the BFI Stage 1 dogbone on my DSG 17 GTI SE. After ~500 miles a lot of the harshness goes away. The only vibration I get is a little in reverse or when coming to a stop when cold.

I would get it 100%, makes the car feel better

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
Pretty sure you can't raise the idle more than 50 rpm. Also pretty sure you DON'T want your car idling at 1K. Not sure if the new APR stage 1 alters the idle but my vibrations reduced after getting the tune.

I wondered but like I said, just parroted what I had read somewhere else. On cold starts, like this morning, the vibrations are unnoticeable while the engine idles at around 1000rpm. It comes down within a minute or so and then come the vibes...

Well, its a good trade-off all the same but wondered if there was another way to look at the problem.

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
Also, heard that RocEuro arm will help the hybrid puck vibes. I haven't confirmed but if you were willing to try APR why not the RocEuro?

Yeah, I may try that. Was going to spend my next stash of coin on a GFB DV+ diverter valve but maybe the RocEuro arm wins out... will sleep on that one.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Doesn't the roceuro have no pivot point and can shear your trans housing?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
Doesn't the roceuro have no pivot point and can shear your trans housing?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was absolutely gonna but the roceuro arm, until I heard about someone having this issue. Do we know if this was an isolated incident ....what are people’s thoughts on the roceuro arm?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
1 such incident on how many arms out there? golfwang didn't install it either and the 2 bolts holding it are different lengths. My unscientific and unfounded guess is that they didn't know this and put the wrong bolts in the wrong holes and that led to bad news bears.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
That's fair, that's really the only account of that i'd seen. Although it does remove an oem pivot point which would worry me but then again i'm not an engineer.