GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best website for parts?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Me and Home Depot are in lovers quarrel at moment. Got some ratcheting wrenches from them and half half were binded up once I finaally got the packaging open.
Yet to try their tunas though.

Nobody likes the tuna there.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Nobody likes the tuna there.
2E385509-44BB-45E4-8DE5-FFAC155C7157.png

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
No single go-to but ECS is probably top of the list for OEM parts, oil change kits, and mods (excluding their in-house brand). I use FCP Euro for OEM parts as well. Rock Auto can be a good source for things like filters, rotors, etc. E-ACCA is a good way to save on certain OEM parts (ex. Clubsport muffler, RS3 brake ducts) if you don't mind the wait for international shipping. eBay can be good for used parts like infotainment screens and trim. Tire Rack for tires and the occasional brake or suspension part but those aren't common purchases.

Ultimately it's down to the price, availability/shipping time, and trustworthiness of the vendor for me.

Last edited:

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
home depot has the best tunes apparently
Thanks for this, guys at the customer service counter helped out great!! I'm now. Pushing 50lbs of boost on my stock motor and I have 1200whp!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
99% of my orders have been placed through ECS, and we’re talking a couple hundred orders over the years, and I’ve had one or maybe two issues that ECS resolved immediately. They’re A+ in my book.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
For oem parts I go through the dealer. For online orders they give 25- 33% off and come out cheaper than anyone online. 30 minute pickup is super nice, too.

For aftermarket parts I cross-shop using Google to get the best offer. Pretty much everyone drop ships these days, so doesn't matter much who the reseller is.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
That performance aisle at O’Reillys legit fam

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
FCP, Uro, DAP. Just learned of BMP from this thread. Eeuroparts is good as well. And GAP used to be great for my older cars, then disappeared for a little while.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Don't forget that in most states now you pay sales tax on online purchases, but certain states like Texas haven't caught up yet, so retailers like BMP and MAP you don't pay tax.

For the track day and racing crowd, cms and winding road give pretty great discounts to members of some clubs, like NASA, and don't charge tax since they're Texas based.