GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best website for parts?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Don't forget that in most states now you pay sales tax on online purchases, but certain states like Texas haven't caught up yet, so retailers like BMP and MAP you don't pay tax.
Good to know!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Don't forget that in most states now you pay sales tax on online purchases, but certain states like Texas haven't caught up yet, so retailers like BMP and MAP you don't pay tax.

But if you live in a state that does charge sales tax online BMP and MAP will have to charge you won't they. It's only sales tax free if you live in Texas correct?

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
@jimlloyd40, depends on the state. For most states, no. For example, I'm in Kansas and pay tax to every other distributor except for loophole-state based ones. For $1k+ purchases it can help a lot. For buying slicks, I go through track day tire, and they're Tennessee based i believe which is also another loophole state. Between tax and sponsorship it saves over 300$ on a set of R7.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals

For the track day and racing crowd, cms and winding road give pretty great discounts to members of some clubs, like NASA, and don't charge tax since they're Texas based.
This works great unless you’re in TX. I avoid BMP because of that.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Nobody talks about them any more, but Mike @ parts4vws.com was once THE go-to guy in the states, and he's still cranking 25 years later. He's an OEM parts man and knows his sh!t. Also a Neuspeed dealer and many aftermarket brands. Second-to-none service and one of the nicest and most knowledgeable guys in the biz. Located in Temecula CA (San Diego area. Kinda).