GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Areaview Retrofit Progress

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
And all because the drivers are lazy. My door is like 20ft from the main door. That and my neighbors are all like trailer trash.

The package is already moving around in china. Hopefully they are good enough to make it work. I'm itching to get this done.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
And all because the drivers are lazy. My door is like 20ft from the main door. That and my neighbors are all like trailer trash.

The package is already moving around in china. Hopefully they are good enough to make it work. I'm itching to get this done.
Would work let you get it delivered there? I used to do that for certain packages, especially if they needed to be signed for. It may delay delivery a day or two, since you’re restricted by operation hours, but it would give you a little piece of mind.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Would work let you get it delivered there? I used to do that for certain packages, especially if they needed to be signed for. It may delay delivery a day or two, since you’re restricted by operation hours, but it would give you a little piece of mind.
Never thought of that...... I might have to try.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
thanks for the promising news guys, I contacted the seller for L3031 and R3031, so far he only said "ok" :)
They shipped it rather fast. I've had Ali sellers wait till the last day of the 7 day shipping period, and then they put in a bogus tracking number and wait a couple more days.

I'm cautiously optimistic that these will work.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Has the same thing, can't remember the seller, probably doesn't "exist" anymore. They did eventually ship but for sure put in a fake tracking to meet the original time. Providing the actual tracking in the chat, a week late.

I've had one thing shipped to work, lol...
IMG_20190530_114644.jpgIMG_20190530_114857.jpgIMG_20190530_115334.jpgIMG_20190530_120135.jpgIMG_20190530_120114.jpg

There's a group of guys at work that off-road their trucks a couple times a month. They often have big things delivered to work... bumpers, rails, other things I don't care about 🤣.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Package made it onto plane. I gotta figure out the cable situation for the doors soon, and the calibration things for the sides. Gonna kill me if these work. But I gotta wait weeks for cables and calibration banners

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
20220704_091356.jpg
20220704_091432.jpg
20220704_091402.jpg

They look like they are right.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Not even close. Plan b. I hacked off the part of the new mirror base holds the camera. Hacked a giant hole in the old mirror base. Attempting to plastic weld together, and finish in bondo and some satin black.

Slowly loosing confidence this is going to work

Last edited:

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
16570471834607833588253478222689.jpg

No going back now. Also if this works out, how the hell will I replicate this on the other side

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
View attachment 254498

No going back now. Also if this works out, how the hell will I replicate this on the other side
Maybe try to make a 3d printed part that you can plastic weld to the original housing, instead of trying to fit this one.

You can buy the housing for really cheap on aliexpress so you shouldn't worry about messing up yours.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Maybe try to make a 3d printed part that you can plastic weld to the original housing, instead of trying to fit this one.

You can buy the housing for really cheap on aliexpress so you shouldn't worry about messing up yours.
That mess is from the original mirror. I think im going about this all wrong. It would be better to get a mirror assembly from an arteon or passat to fit my car, then get the camera shoe horned into a golf mirror.

The passat/arteon mirror mounting looks similar.