GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Areaview Retrofit Progress

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Sorry reaper, got home it was too dark. I installed it so as not to forget tomorrow
Take your time :)
Also, what differs the facelift grill from the pre facelift? I only see that there are no longer tabs at the bottom and emblem mounting is different, other than that Is it the same?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Emblem mount is different because facelift has the front radar behind the emblem. The outboard edges may also be different. To accommodate facelift headlights which seem to be a slightly different shape in that area. They are of course a different shape on the outboard which is why you need to replace the fenders if you wanted to go 7.5 headlights.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
image.jpg

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Ya, makes the camera look so much cleaner.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Hijacking y'alls camera thread for a moment -- do any of these camera mods involve an "Ad. camera" button in the Car section of the MIB? Ever since I swapped in the Discover Media MST2 it's been sitting there and I can't find anything in adaptation or long coding that would explain its presence. Original unit was from a Tiguan but I think we changed everything over during CP removal. If anyone's ever seen it (or, even better, knows how to get rid of it lol) let me know?

IMG_8556.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9060.jpeg
    IMG_9060.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
  • OBDeleven_Log.txt
    234.6 KB · Views: 422

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Was it difficult to center the emblem? after cutting everything on the grill you will need to line the emblem yourself, or not?
Was not difficult at all.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Hijacking y'alls camera thread for a moment -- do any of these camera mods involve an "Ad. camera" button in the Car section of the MIB? Ever since I swapped in the Discover Media MST2 it's been sitting there and I can't find anything in adaptation or long coding that would explain its presence. Original unit was from a Tiguan but I think we changed everything over during CP removal. If anyone's ever seen it (or, even better, knows how to get rid of it lol) let me know?

View attachment 270347
I do remember having that, i do not however remember what i did to remove it.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI

View attachment 270347
On line 6131 you have
Camera System Rear View
Not coded
On line 6949 you have
Camera System Rear View
enabled

The previous MIB may not have been compatible with this, show it didnt show it.
This is just a guess

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
On line 6131 you have
Camera System Rear View
Not coded
On line 6949 you have
Camera System Rear View
enabled

The previous MIB may not have been compatible with this, show it didnt show it.
This is just a guess
A good suggestion! I went through a complete cycle of disappointment to elation and then back to sadness while testing it out:

- Ignition on, changed "Camera System Rear View" in Gateway to "disabled"
- Hard reboot MIB; no change, button still there
- Figure maybe the car has to be off for a bit for it to stick? Ignition off, door open, wait about 30 seconds. Hard reboot MIB, restart: button gone! Hooray!
- Lock car, walk away. Realize I left something in the car, walk 5 minutes or so back to it. Open door, MIB on: button is back

I'm starting to think my 5F is haunted... appreciate the idea, though, many thanks!

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
A good suggestion! I went through a complete cycle of disappointment to elation and then back to sadness while testing it out:

- Ignition on, changed "Camera System Rear View" in Gateway to "disabled"
- Hard reboot MIB; no change, button still there
- Figure maybe the car has to be off for a bit for it to stick? Ignition off, door open, wait about 30 seconds. Hard reboot MIB, restart: button gone! Hooray!
- Lock car, walk away. Realize I left something in the car, walk 5 minutes or so back to it. Open door, MIB on: button is back

I'm starting to think my 5F is haunted... appreciate the idea, though, many thanks!
So you have an admap of your old 5f?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
i didnt see anything of note other than the one i noted.

I think the first time i noticed it was gone is when i coded the areaview module.

I have the same 5F module you have. My coding is a little different. Perhaps try and see if that does it
027310020000000041220002001828001F0103E40120040586