GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Are your door sills naked or protected?

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
To me, keeping the sills washed and waxed seems like it should be sufficient. Plus I would be concerned about the possibility of moisture being retained under the sill guards and eventually damaging/clouding the paint underneath.

Good idea but practically impossible.

g60dude

Passed Driver's Ed
Naked. Have had the car over a year and the sills look good as new.

Slipstream

loweritonh&rsports.com
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I wasn't aware anyone ever put their foot on sill guards. Why would you need to?

I would normally agree with you, but I have a 65lb basset mix that jumps in/out of the back seats. He has clearance issues so I'm worried he'll claw up the rear sills without some kind of protection.

slipperywhenwet

Go Kart Newbie
http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/golf-gti-part-no-k38.html

These are expensive, but they are gorgeous, and they're bomb proof. I mountain bike, hike, snowboard, and am generally in areas where I get a lot of things stuck to the bottom of my shoes. I waited a couple of months before buying them, and could already see my sills getting gouged. These sills have been holding up really well since installation.

Slapshot1

Ready to race!
http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/golf-gti-part-no-k38.html

These are expensive, but they are gorgeous, and they're bomb proof. I mountain bike, hike, snowboard, and am generally in areas where I get a lot of things stuck to the bottom of my shoes. I waited a couple of months before buying them, and could already see my sills getting gouged. These sills have been holding up really well since installation.

Those almost look too good. Now you need protectors for your protectors.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
75 US bucks for those? Not bad at all.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

SM075180

Ready to race!
Has anyone tried applying a plastidip? Seems like you could pretty quickly mask off the interior opening and door panel with some plastic and get a custom application sprayed on. Overkill??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Sandman GTI, do you know if these are still available anywhere? I posted earlier in the thread about my failed attempt to source them, even from their website and a uk vendor. Also that rearguards.co.uk still lists the stainless version but I want the black guards.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Sandman GTI, do you know if these are still available anywhere? I posted earlier in the thread about my failed attempt to source them, even from their website and a uk vendor. Also that rearguards.co.uk still lists the stainless version but I want the black guards.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Have you been able to contact them direct?
I think we talked through email.
Not super fast at response but in a day or two.
Not sure how easy to call. Adjust for time difference.
Or see if a forum member in that area might call them.
Other than NGP I do not have another USA vendor.
Maybe BFI. Black Forest Industry.