Tough guy or waver?

• Tough Guy

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Waver

Votes: 220 78.9%

• Total voters

takemorepills

Ready to race!
Similar thing happened to me, pulled up to a parking spot same time as another Mk7 GTI was pulling in, when we both got out at the same time I said "Nice GTI!" and the driver gave me a fucked up look and was like "oh....., yeah....thanks?"

I have never had that happen before, most people with other cars I have owned in the past were way cool, especially my past Hondas.

Last edited:

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Wow, you guys are taking it way too far and personal!

They could have a ton on their minds and to have someone wave at them or say "nice car" catches them off guard.

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
I saw a TR GTI at a sports bar this weekend and intentionally parked next to it. Lady who owned it saw mine as we were getting out and struck up a convo about it. There are good owners out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion

They could have a ton on their minds and to have someone wave at them or say "nice car" catches them off guard.
As a gearhead, it has never mattered what's on my mind, you mention car(especially mine), you have my upmost attention.

I don't take it personal when I don't get a wave back while driving, we shouldn't be distracted driving anyways ha. But when I verbally address someone, be it a "hi how are you" or a "have a nice day" and I don't get anything back. I will call you out. I would've called her out lol.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

This, someone could be looking in your direction and not necessarily see you or you car at stop a light, your mind is someplace else.

kdub808

Ready to race!
Similar thing happened to me, pulled up to a parking spot same time as another Mk7 GTI was pulling in, when we both got out at the same time I said "Nice GTI!" and the driver gave me a fucked up look and was like "oh....., yeah....thanks?"

I have never had that happen before, most people with other cars I have owned in the past were way cool, especially my past Hondas.

See, I'm the opposite... You'll still wish you never said anything to me, not because I was a di<k, but because I'll identify you as another enthusiast, corner you and talk your fu<kin' balls off until there is an awkward silence as you slowly back away from me.

Or maybe I'm the only friendly person in my city and everyone else is an a$$hole, IDK

And this Muther Phukdouche was in a Golf (not a GTI... Not an R!) with a suspension drop and Golf R Cadiz 19's!

All i wanted to do was ask you about your suspension and chat with you for like 2 seconds before the light turned green dude! And I'm driving an R! You would think he might WANT to talk to someone driving an R. Is that too much to ask!? Now we can't become freinds and I can't wear your skin. [emoji1304]

See you around Mr. "Too Cool for School". [emoji58]

Last edited:

kdub808

Ready to race!

Your damn right I am. No you should have seen this dudes face, he was mad relaxed. Like... Nothing was wrong with the world and everything was right.

Hmmm, maybe he was getting road head and that's why he din't wave back. Maybe he had a lot on his "head" not his "mind".

[emoji848]

Last edited:

tsnoforn

Now I am a lifelong motorcyclist and I wave at other riders most of the time. Sorry, not a tough guy... but I don't think I could even figure out who was driving what. So, no waving from the car...

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Had my first wave today or rather V. Saw the telltale headlights of a gti. A CSG sport with a roof rack, not that it matters. But anyway. He's coming towards me and get in the turning lane to turn left. See an older guy hold up the V. Great thing was I managed to react in time and respond in kind. Was actually a good feeling. Since it's usually me initiating with no response.

By the way, this was in Pflugerville about 30min ago off of Heatherwilde. Doubt you're on here, but what the heck.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Usually the only people that wave back are R drivers. Most GTI drivers don't wave back especially the mk5 and mk6 GTI drivers.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
LOL, Or divide by two. [emoji1589][emoji1589][emoji6]

Or multiply by 1/2. Sorry, math major lol