Tough guy or waver?

• Tough Guy

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Waver

Votes: 220 78.9%

• Total voters

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
I only wave if they have they lighting package on their car. Otherwise I ignore them, the GTI is so ugly without the lighting package it's a shame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How rude, we are beautiful in our own special way

alemk7gti

Ready to race!
I only wave if they have they lighting package on their car. Otherwise I ignore them, the GTI is so ugly without the lighting package it's a shame

Lmao!! this has to be the dumbest comment I have ever read on here ?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

saleho

Lmao!! this has to be the dumbest comment I have ever read on here [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

It may sound dumb but I really dislike non LP GTI's. I can't imagine why anyone would ever buy one without that option. It takes the car from some shitty economy car to a decently nice looking European hatchback

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
It may sound dumb but I really dislike non LP GTI's. I can't imagine why anyone would ever buy one without that option. It takes the car from some shitty economy car to a decently nice looking European hatchback

Because I have 7 kids, I love Gti's and the budget was not enough to buy the light package. Specially when an aftermarket part can fix the issue and nobody is going to notice the difference. But I'm fine if you don't want to wave at me.:cool:

K.A.I.N.

Ready to race!

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
There's a GTI with APR badges that I see around town once in a while, never caught their attention though. I did swap thumbs ups with a Jetta in the park that had an APR badge, that was cool to see. And there was an MK7 R behind me at a light a while ago. Gave him a wave and got one back.

I'll also give "the wave" to anyone with two wheels and an engine when I'm on my motorcycle.

cheech5

I'm a big waver for the most part. There's a handful of MK7's in my suburb of Orlando and more than a handful of other generations that are clearly enthusiast owned. I'd say I get a wave back probably 25% of the time, though I might be wearing down the ones I see often enough.

To be completely honest, I've tried more than once to get some sort of community going around here with no success at all. The local FB groups dedicated to VW or Euro cars have turned entirely into selling forums, it seems. I actually started hanging out with a local ST group and they've been awesome. Friendly ribbing both ways, of course, but they really are just interested in hanging out with a mutual interest and appreciation for the cars they drive. No real competition for who can spend the most or have the most insane setup, either.

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
I just have trouble conjuring up any respect for people who would settle for a non LP GTI.. it looks so ugly.. like a base model Golf

Lol bro I hope you're joking

saleho

Because I have 7 kids, I love Gti's and the budget was not enough to buy the light package. Specially when an aftermarket part can fix the issue and nobody is going to notice the difference. But I'm fine if you don't want to wave at me.:cool:

At least you acknowledge the issue. I don't mind the after market helix lights. I just don't like halogen headlights at all and I think they are completely inappropriate on a car like the GTI. LP should be standard on all GTI's

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
At least you acknowledge the issue. I don't mind the after market helix lights. I just don't like halogen headlights at all and I think they are completely inappropriate on a car like the GTI. LP should be standard on all GTI's

And LED tails should be standard with something called a Lighting Package. But there are other threads for that. ;)