GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Roll-Control Lowering Springs Now Available (MK7 GTI)

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Commute from Suwanee to Midtown via 141, 285 and 85/75 was good. I would say springs are around 15% stiffer than stock (IMHO).

Yeah, I'd estimate my ED were about 10-15% stiffer as well. No fair though since you get the cleaner and better side of 285. The west side is a disaster at the moment.

Renck

Ready to race!
Yeah, I'd estimate my ED were about 10-15% stiffer as well. No fair though since you get the cleaner and better side of 285. The west side is a disaster at the moment.

Yeah, I guess I'm lucky as I just need to take 285 for a short distance and at 6:15 AM traffic flows nicely. But, I have to be out of bed at 5:00 AM, so in a second thought ................ not that lucky. :p

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
I’d argue there is a significant difference in a .5” and 1” drop. .5” you really don’t have to change your driving style. Bumps in the road are thuds. With a 1” drop you better slow way down before you hit that same road imperfection or suffer a significant hit in the front. WHAM!

Looks great but there are trade offs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Hopefully the .5” - .75” guesstimate wasn’t based off of the show car in post 1, with the 19” wheels / tires.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Chuckable

Ready to race!
It's very difficult to give an exact measurement as there are quite a few variances from vehicle to vehicle. The biggest takeaway should be that the car is not slammed with this setup, and wheel gap is very nicely filled once lowered.

Fair enough. I think many people were looking at these springs as one of the most mild of the lowering springs, but they appear to be similar to others in the 1" drop region. Nothing wrong with that. The more in that corner of the market the better.

leahcim

Passed Driver's Ed
Call me in the minority but a minor drop of .5" is hardly noticeable. I had one on my S4 and always regretted not going for a bigger drop. I understand the trade-offs but the benefits of a half inch drop without any other changes would be minimal and probably not worth cost of entry.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I’d argue there is a significant difference in a .5” and 1” drop. .5” you really don’t have to change your driving style. Bumps in the road are thuds. With a 1” drop you better slow way down before you hit that same road imperfection or suffer a significant hit in the front. WHAM!

Looks great but there are trade offs.

Agree here 100%.

For me, when Hammersticks and I swapped out my VWR springs and went to the H&R OE Sports, there was a huge difference in how careful I had to be and how the car responded to bumps and dips. Much much more compliant and less harsh with the H&Rs at ~half the drop height.

pSyCO_007

Ready to race!
My mk4 was on solowerks coils and just hitting a small bump was harsh. So I don’t want to do coils on my this car. Been looking at lowering spring but don’t want to give up the smooth ride I have now. Might give these a try. Anyone give any input on how the ride quality is vs OEM ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk