GOLFMKV

APR Probem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
if the ring and the wheel are a system, and it centers around a hub, then I would think its hubcentric.

some of you guys are insane for wanting the description changed. you're the 0.05% of people that actually care, and from the description on APR's site, you can easily figure out that the wheel uses a ring to create a system to mount centrally on the hub. it literally tells you in the description
  • Fits both VAG center bores - 66.5mm and 57.1mm
  • Strong hub-centric rings lock into place, preventing wheel wobble via an interlocking hub-centric ring

adjective
adjective: centric
  1. 1.
    in or at the center; central.
    "centric and peripheral forces"

noun
noun: hub; plural noun: hubs

1. 1.
    the central part of a wheel, rotating on or with the axle, and from which the spokes radiate.

That's not what the "Quick Facts" section of their website originally said for the wheels.

• Billet aluminum, wobble free, interlocking hub-centric design
If that's all you saw, would you assume there's two different types of wheels available in the two center bores, or would you assume it's using a ring? I'm glad they're taking the feedback and updating the site, but the fact is there are people who don't want anything to do with any sort of centering ring, which is why options like Neuspeed (and soon to be Apex I hope) that offer the correct center bore for the car.

cospringsalltrack

Car(s)
2017 Alltrack DSG
Got it, so the rings are hub centric, not the wheels. That's what we've been telling Arin.
no, because the wheel also centers around the hub. If the ring is hubcentric and the wheel and ring fit tightly together, then it makes the wheel hubcentric too. the wheel is centered around the hub, is it not? Or is the wheel off center of the hub?

cospringsalltrack

Car(s)
2017 Alltrack DSG
That's not what the "Quick Facts" section of their website originally said for the wheels.

• Billet aluminum, wobble free, interlocking hub-centric design
If that's all you saw, would you assume there's two different types of wheels available in the two center bores, or would you assume it's using a ring? I'm glad they're taking the feedback and updating the site, but the fact is there are people who don't want anything to do with any sort of centering ring, which is why options like Neuspeed (and soon to be Apex I hope) that offer the correct center bore for the car.
it is an interlocking hubcentric design

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I’m surprised their wheels even need hub rings. They’re specifically for MQB cars, and all MQB cars have 57.1CB. So that is weird to me...
So they can be used on Audi as well. The rings are aluminum and work fine - no vibrations/drama on mine.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
it is an interlocking hubcentric design

It's really pretty simple. If the wheel is hubcentric it doesn't need a ring. There isn't anything interlocking about it. It's not like the ring is locked into place. The ring can easily come off when the wheel is removed.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
back to the OP's first post.......and for reference:

I ordered my wheels (A01 style) last Monday (9 Nov) and received shipping notice with tracking number this evening.

cb1111

back to the OP's first post.......and for reference:

I ordered my wheels (A01 style) last Monday (9 Nov) and received shipping notice with tracking number this evening.
The entire forum has their fingers crossed for you that they come with the requisite rings.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
And then the question is - if they have your rings, then where are the OP's rings?
Yeah when I called, the rep said the shipment of rings were in

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Arin, I have your solution! Just pop a couple spot welds on before shipping so the ring can't be removed and is a part of the wheel! Now since it's a part of the wheel you don't even have to mention the ring and you can say the wheel is hubcentric 🤣. Semantics solved!

My Oz wheels were sold with metal interlocking rings that I once tried to pull, only to realize they're so stuck in they wouldn't budge. I pulled for nearly 45 mins before I saw a spring retainer and used a dremel to cut it. Finally the ring came out. That ring never budged, and if the APR one is similar in any way I wouldn't even be mad at a hub centric description. I'd probably argue some semantics, too, but ultimately if it tosses onto the hub without wobbling around and it doesn't get stuck onto the hub like the universal aluminum rings I'd run them no issue.

I don't have any apr products, but I did try to to give them my Q7 a few years back to develop a 3.0t tune. No one took me up on it then, laaaame. Question now is if $1k is worth it to make a 450hp mom-luxo-barge? 🤔

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
What a coincidence that the shipment arrived just after everybody started complaining here. Y'all believe in coincidences, right?
I can see that, but I think it was a huge error on their reorder system. They were milling them in house AND working with their usual manufacturer to get rings done. It should cause them to relook their "just in time" inventory strategy and adjust

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
I can see that, but I think it was a huge error on their reorder system. They were milling them in house AND working with their usual manufacturer to get rings done. It should cause them to relook their "just in time" inventory strategy and adjust

Just to clarify, we don't suddenly get inventory when people complain. If that was possible, I'd encourage everyone to complain as loud a possible, lol. I don't like backorders just as much as you guys,

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Just to clarify, we don't suddenly get inventory when people complain. If that was possible, I'd encourage everyone to complain as loud a possible, lol. I don't like backorders just as much as you guys,

Couldn't resist, could you? You don't have to respond to every jab. Do you need me to recommend a good customer service course for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.