GOLFMKV

APR Probem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG
Tasting the waters as I am getting really frustrated with APR customer service.

I have ordered a set of wheels that they advertised as IN STOCK on 10/30 on their website.

Wheels still have not shipped, and every day I get a different excuse on why they have not shipped yet.
They have supposedly received the wheels without hub rings... and were supposed to receive the hub rings last week, then beginning of this week and now not sure when...
Now I am being told that anyways they are 3 months behind on wheels orders so I have to chill and wait for my turn....

If you have a 3 Months ETA then don't advertise a product as IN STOCK and let the customers order thinking they would receive their orders ASAP.

Is anyone on the forum having the same issue right now with APR on pending orders?

If they really are 3 Months behind like I was told, I would imagine a lot of customers would have expressed their frustration online, but I have yet to see anything about it,
so maybe just more customer service BS.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's a hot selling product and you may end up having to wait. APR has always had questionable customer service, so not sure what you can do about that. You're choice is to wait for the wheels or cancel your order.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Yes, questionable customer service at times.

Perhaps try messaging @Arin@APR

If not, cancel order or wait - you'll get them eventually.

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG
Yeah I can cancel whenever I want I guess, I just wanted to see if people are having the same issue right now... as if their excuse of being 3 months behind is true, then I would expect tons of people complaining...

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I’m surprised their wheels even need hub rings. They’re specifically for MQB cars, and all MQB cars have 57.1CB. So that is weird to me...

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Tasting the waters as I am getting really frustrated with APR customer service.

I have ordered a set of wheels that they advertised as IN STOCK on 10/30 on their website.

Wheels still have not shipped, and every day I get a different excuse on why they have not shipped yet.
They have supposedly received the wheels without hub rings... and were supposed to receive the hub rings last week, then beginning of this week and now not sure when...
Now I am being told that anyways they are 3 months behind on wheels orders so I have to chill and wait for my turn....

If you have a 3 Months ETA then don't advertise a product as IN STOCK and let the customers order thinking they would receive their orders ASAP.

Is anyone on the forum having the same issue right now with APR on pending orders?

If they really are 3 Months behind like I was told, I would imagine a lot of customers would have expressed their frustration online, but I have yet to see anything about it,
so maybe just more customer service BS.
They did the exact same thing to me and I finally had to cancel the order. Do yourself a favor and get some Neuspeeds or VMRs.

Edit: in all fairness, their wheel orders are fulfilled by a third party so not exactly APRs fault.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I’m surprised their wheels even need hub rings. They’re specifically for MQB cars, and all MQB cars have 57.1CB. So that is weird to me...

Audis have a bigger hub I believe, so they're probably trying to not exclude audis.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Audis have a bigger hub I believe, so they're probably trying to not exclude audis.

maybe non-MQB Audis use a bigger hub, but if an Atlas can get by on 57.1, I’m still a bit confused by them making a wheel that doesn’t bolt right up to the MQB hubs

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
maybe non-MQB Audis use a bigger hub, but if an Atlas can get by on 57.1, I’m still a bit confused by them making a wheel that doesn’t bolt right up to the MQB hubs

They are 66.1 or whatever Audi uses. Unfortunately they still advertise them as being hub centric for VW/Audi which I skind of shady.

I would just cancel and get something else. Or wait for Apex to release their wheels.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Sorry about the troubles. Which part number did you order? What's your order number. I'll investigate and see if I can get you an answer.

Inventory levels: Website lists "in stock" only if the item is in stock in our ERP system. ETAs are based on whatever ETA we have in the ERP system. If the date comes and goes, they get pushed back until parts are ready. Internally we've discussed how when a date comes and goes, it will just piss people off (rightfully so), but I don't have a better solution other than listing no ETA at all (which also makes people upset).

Hubcentric: Our wheels are hub centric. The interlocking ring is metal. There's no wobble or issues. These aren't the flimsy plastic rings that crush, crumble, and melt.

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG
Sorry about the troubles. Which part number did you order? What's your order number. I'll investigate and see if I can get you an answer.

Inventory levels: Website lists "in stock" only if the item is in stock in our ERP system. ETAs are based on whatever ETA we have in the ERP system. If the date comes and goes, they get pushed back until parts are ready. Internally we've discussed how when a date comes and goes, it will just piss people off (rightfully so), but I don't have a better solution other than listing no ETA at all (which also makes people upset).

Hubcentric: Our wheels are hub centric. The interlocking ring is metal. There's no wobble or issues. These aren't the flimsy plastic rings that crush, crumble, and melt.

WHL00014 .... order 1001813 Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.