GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
oh my, i keep forgetting about the MPI/E85 option! That way I could be faster than a stage 2 car again. Arin will there be any plans to do flex fueling down the road? Like, really, a tuned car can make the max power and hit a MPG sweetspot on a blend, would of course be nice to not need to worry about availability as well

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
Hey guys! I haven't been on here in a bit. Bought another bike project so my priority's have been out of wack. I've been working with APR to try and get my monitors all figured out for emissions on my car. Thankfully through some perseverance, I finally got it figured out! Turned out to be a faulty rear o2 sensor. When logging with APR, we found out my car kept triggering weird soft codes, for the rear o2 in particular, for the heating circuit, and catalyst. So after some messing around, I decided to just bite the bullet and get another sensor. I finally got it this weekend and threw it in. Reset everything, ran the procedure through VCDS, and drove the car around. Checked for codes and there were none. So then I went to check the monitors to send them to APR and low and behold everything set. Why the rear o2 effected the fuel system monitor I have no idea, but at least the car is finally all set. I'm taking it to the dealer to get inspected today.

Also I see I was quoted in some stuff, I'll have to go through this thread and that will take a while LOL

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hey guys! I haven't been on here in a bit. Bought another bike project

This is the perfect thread to talk about it... Is it a Grom?

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
This is the perfect thread to talk about it... Is it a Grom?
That was in august, this month is a 1975 Yamaha DT250. It's a project. I'll be restoring it to its former glory over the winter. Something about ripping a 2 stroke on the street just feels so wrong but so right at the same time.
1666615472741.png

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
Also, just for proofs sake. Yes I know the evap monitor isn't set, I have alot of fuel in the tank so that didn't set yet.

1666616128191.jpeg

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Hey guys! I haven't been on here in a bit. Bought another bike project so my priority's have been out of wack. I've been working with APR to try and get my monitors all figured out for emissions on my car. Thankfully through some perseverance, I finally got it figured out! Turned out to be a faulty rear o2 sensor. When logging with APR, we found out my car kept triggering weird soft codes, for the rear o2 in particular, for the heating circuit, and catalyst. So after some messing around, I decided to just bite the bullet and get another sensor. I finally got it this weekend and threw it in. Reset everything, ran the procedure through VCDS, and drove the car around. Checked for codes and there were none. So then I went to check the monitors to send them to APR and low and behold everything set. Why the rear o2 effected the fuel system monitor I have no idea, but at least the car is finally all set. I'm taking it to the dealer to get inspected today.

Also I see I was quoted in some stuff, I'll have to go through this thread and that will take a while LOL
Yay! So glad it was a simple fix! Enjoy!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
very interesting! I had replaced my rear O2 with a bosch unit recently. What did you go with? Not sure, maybe i need to get one from the dealer. Also don't wanna chase my tail for non-refundable parts

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Can we get a tally of how many have passed emissions with the new turbo?

I think most have been fine asides from the R's with the upgraded fueling.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I apparently have the same exact tune as PatryKD07 so it sounds like it must be something with my car/on my end causing my fueling not to set. no CELs to speak of, I've forced readiness many times now. No clue where to start diag

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I apparently have the same exact tune as PatryKD07 so it sounds like it must be something with my car/on my end causing my fueling not to set. no CELs to speak of, I've forced readiness many times now. No clue where to start diag

Unless you already did it, could probably start with logging using the dongle APR sent you and giving them a diagnostic log 🤣

Mk7R_matey

Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R DSG
Has any Golf R on here with either hpfp/lpfp and/or with mpi ran the dtr ethanol tune? I wanna see how they enjoyed it compared to the pump gas tune.