GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Slowms3

Ready to race!
Track prep sucked(first open day of the year) also too cold 43-44 degrees out led to lots of spinning in first. I ended up doing 2 11.5’s one at 121 and one at 119 almost 120.

This is on my 2nd revision from EQT. I plan on doing E30 when I’m finished with my 93oct tune. Aiming for 10.99 and hoping to get there on E30!

I’m pretty happy with the trap speed and the 11.5 I’m fine with because of how cold and bad the track was.

Next time I run will be May 7th at import face off. Hoping to have my E30 tune by then.
D9C17930-5183-4E0E-807E-84DE5E36F300.jpeg

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Track prep sucked(first open day of the year) also too cold 43-44 degrees out led to lots of spinning in first. I ended up doing 2 11.5’s one at 121 and one at 119 almost 120.

This is on my 2nd revision from EQT. I plan on doing E30 when I’m finished with my 93oct tune. Aiming for 10.99 and hoping to get there on E30!

I’m pretty happy with the trap speed and the 11.5 I’m fine with because of how cold and bad the track was.

Next time I run will be May 7th at import face off. Hoping to have my E30 tune by then.
View attachment 277892
not a bad time. I’m still deciding on what setup to go with. If Apr gets a smog cert for ca for the dtr I’ll go with it. Otherwise hope I’m lucky with a vortex setup and stock downpipe setting all the readiness checks.

MQBGOD

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Audi S3,
I have a 2016 s3 and went from is38 stage 1 apr high torque to a DTR6054 and I’m running the basically the same times if not worse in the 1/4. Anyone else have any issues? 12.23 is the DTR. 12.19 is is38 on stage 1.

Attachments

• B41A1FA1-F3A5-4C99-8CE6-A73F374034DC.png
    B41A1FA1-F3A5-4C99-8CE6-A73F374034DC.png
    414.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 4B25CC13-9BA5-40DE-957D-9C18172EFC34.jpeg
    4B25CC13-9BA5-40DE-957D-9C18172EFC34.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 65

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Yeah, seems very consistant with what all of us were experiencing.

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
APR did a revision on the GTI/A3 platform but not us R/S3 folks. Someone else did testing with APR, Patry iirc, to try and polish things up but they gave him the cold shoulder and never followed back. Here's hoping that changes.

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
I have a 2016 s3 and went from is38 stage 1 apr high torque to a DTR6054 and I’m running the basically the same times if not worse in the 1/4. Anyone else have any issues? 12.23 is the DTR. 12.19 is is38 on stage 1.
Fuel mods or no? Also, you can request a boost on launch file from APR. You need to contact APR first to make sure it's available for your box code, and then they can hook you up. It should put you into the mid/upper 11's.

From Arin (APR) when I asked about it over on Audizine

"We have a couple launches:

- FWD (Standard file you can flash - limits wheel spin)
- AWD (Standard file you can flash - No limit for wheel spin)
- Full Send (Need to request this with our guys for your ECU if the file is not there - turns on the mode necessary to build boost on the line)."

MQBGOD

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Audi S3,
Fuel mods or no? Also, you can request a boost on launch file from APR. You need to contact APR first to make sure it's available for your box code, and then they can hook you up. It should put you into the mid/upper 11's.

From Arin (APR) when I asked about it over on Audizine

"We have a couple launches:

- FWD (Standard file you can flash - limits wheel spin)
- AWD (Standard file you can flash - No limit for wheel spin)
- Full Send (Need to request this with our guys for your ECU if the file is not there - turns on the mode necessary to build boost on the line)."
No fuel mods yet. Yeah my s3 right now makes no boost on launch by using obd11 charge pressure specified to actual value. I’m also a APR dealer here at Audi in Florida so I’ll give them a call and see if I can get the full send file. I also just seen that thread as well with Rob.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
111 mph trap 1/4 seems pretty low, but that’s what I ran before my block went, who knows if I had any internal damage at the time. I may also have had my roof rack on.

Now I’m consistently at 116-117 mph on the same tune, which is much more in line with what others are running. I don’t know anyone with a DTR S3 but the GLI and A3 guys I’ve chatted with are doing 116-118 mph FWIW. Sorry can’t be of more help.

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I just remembered, for what it's worth, the gti tune makes more power vs the R tune unless you do all the bolt-ons. Maybe that's an explanation for the disappointment?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
111 mph trap 1/4 seems pretty low, but that’s what I ran before my block went, who knows if I had any internal damage at the time. I may also have had my roof rack on.

Now I’m consistently at 116-117 mph on the same tune, which is much more in line with what others are running. I don’t know anyone with a DTR S3 but the GLI and A3 guys I’ve chatted with are doing 116-118 mph FWIW. Sorry can’t be of more help.

I think @timmyturbo is the only one here on the forums with a DTR S3.

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
I think @timmyturbo is the only one here on the forums with a DTR S3.
Yup, at about 16K miles daily driving the DTR, the last 4K of it with the HPFP/LPFP option. I don't go to the track and I don't have a Dragy, so not much to add in terms of performance metrics. I'm curious what kind of numbers I could put up, but don't really care enough to put in the effort and money to do so. For a daily driver going to work and back with the occasional errand, it's been plenty fast.

MQBGOD

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Audi S3,
Yup, at about 16K miles daily driving the DTR, the last 4K of it with the HPFP/LPFP option. I don't go to the track and I don't have a Dragy, so not much to add in terms of performance metrics. I'm curious what kind of numbers I could put up, but don't really care enough to put in the effort and money to do so. For a daily driver going to work and back with the occasional errand, it's been plenty fast.
Did you notice much of a difference from factory fueling to HPFP/LPFP upgrade?