GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone using the Powerflex hybrid dogbone puck?

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I mean, expect any part on your car for 50k miles to look that bad haha
Was not surprised the Spulen mount had broken down that much.

That being said, I will be curious to see what my BFI mount engine mounts look like in another 15k miles (putting them at 50k miles). Something tells me it will look nothing like the Spulen mount.

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
image_2021-10-10_174731.png

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Just got the street hybrid puck installed into an Audi subframe with an ECS spherical dogbone arm. Had to trim some poly off the bushing and file the insert to get it to fit. FWIW I have a DSG with BFI stage 1 mounts.
Overall I'm fairly impressed. I thought it might vibrate horribly due to the metal insert but it's not bad. In reverse, there is more vibration, but it is less rattle-y, if that makes sense. More amplitude, less frequency?
Feels even more direct on shift.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Just got the street hybrid puck installed into an Audi subframe with an ECS spherical dogbone arm. Had to trim some poly off the bushing and file the insert to get it to fit. FWIW I have a DSG with BFI stage 1 mounts.
Overall I'm fairly impressed. I thought it might vibrate horribly due to the metal insert but it's not bad. In reverse, there is more vibration, but it is less rattle-y, if that makes sense. More amplitude, less frequency?
Feels even more direct on shift.

what metal insert, 034 upper?

narsnail

Car(s)
2017 Golf R 6 Speed
Just had this installed, really happy with the result. I had a no-name Aluminum insert and while it was good for a few months I found either bolt loosened over time or it just didn't have the same effect. The vibration was pretty noticeable off the bat, but I've driven about 100km on it since the install Saturday and it's dropped by probably half. Daily driving in the city is far easier and way less jerky.

chuncomunco

Passed Driver's Ed
Not having much luck with this hybrid puck.

I've got about 100 miles on them so far, but, it still vibrates pretty bad in N, D and even with A/C.

I'm getting significantly more vibrations than the BFI Stage 1 insert that I had.

Besides the hybrid puck, i've got the stock pendulum and BFI Stage 1 mounts with about 600 miles on them.

During the install, i had to lever the engine and trans backwards a little to get the dogbone puck bolt to line up and catch the thread.

I replaced the 2 front dogbone bolts and torqued everything to 37, 37, 90 ft-lbs, all with 1/4 turn.

I'm pretty sure there is some preload on the hybrid and upper puck. Is that normal?

Last edited:

tmbzip

Ready to race!
Not having much luck with this hybrid puck.

I've got about 100 miles on them so far, but, it still vibrates pretty bad in N, D and even with A/C.

I'm getting significantly more vibrations than the BFI Stage 1 insert that I had.

Besides the hybrid puck, i've got the stock pendulum and BFI Stage 1 mounts with about 600 miles on them.

During the install, i had to lever the engine and trans backwards a little to get the dogbone puck bolt to line up and catch the thread.

I replaced the 2 front dogbone bolts and torqued everything to 37, 37, 90 ft-lbs, all with 1/4 turn.

I'm pretty sure there is some preload on the hybrid and upper puck. Is that normal?
I've been expieriencing the same, after 500 miles, while better than the initial install, the vibration is pretty noticeable. 034 High Density Engine/Trans Mount and Stock Dogbone. I can clearly feel vibrations through my pedals and steering wheel, reverse rattles my keys.

I barely had to move my engine to realign the holes though, so I don't think there was a ton of preload on the pucks for me. My 034 Metal Insert had far less vibrations in comparison.

Not sure if the NVH is just very subjective for this part or we did something wrong lols.

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
If you haven't already, shine a flashlight in the subframe opening where the Dogbone connects to the Powerflex Puck.
If you've got that much vibration, the Puck may have rotated somehow and is now pinching the dogbone against the subframe.
Mine is only slightly rumbly feeling, slight NVH, only noticeable because its slightly more than Zero.
Most of my poor idle went away when I gapped my plugs to 0.033".
A tune will probably get rid of it, as it's totally dependent on VW's stock programming.
I have not kicked the idle rpm up in VCDS.